Thread: BBR for old V6's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default BBR for old V6's

Elsewhere on the forum Joe had asked if we could release the old V6 PCM read code for BBR. It's funny, we had completed this back in 2007, but I guess other priorities always pushed it aside.

So in the zip is some files for those that want to read out some old V6 PCM's. It should cover all 3.1, 3.4 & 3.8L motors from about 1996 up.
    Use the V6B option for 1996 - 2004(ish) and V6C from 2004(ish) up. The V6C PCM looks like an E40 whereas the V6B PCM looks like an LS1.

So, just create two new controller types in your options.txt file within Scan And Tune (see pic attached below). Please make sure the names match what I did.
    Or if you want to manually edit the options.txt file enter in the text below:

V6B|1996+ V6, Y, V6B
    V6C|2004+ V6, Y, V6C

Then you will also need to copy over to the V2 the 4 files in the attached zip and select the matching controller type within the V2 menu before reading.

Feel free to Email any files read out to support@efilive.com , who knows, maybe one day we will finally get the old V6's supported (for version 8).

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Options.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	6978  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.