Thread: cable to DBW swap?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

further questions:
    as I understand it, the earlier setups used the external TAC module, however the newer LS2/etc 58x based reluctor ECM's have the TAC module built into them, correct? so if someone with a SBC, like me, wanted to do this, I could pull out my 24x reluctor that I've already installed, and put in your new 58x reluctor, and swap to an LS2 ECM to make use of the internal TAC module, then all that would be needed is the pedal assembly, and correct TB, this would make use of the PCM controlled cruize control and other stuff, right? though I'm guessing I'd have to wire some of the cruise control wiring from the brake pedal switch to the PCM or something? Hmmm.....maybe I could have an 1996 E38 controlled truck....heh

edit- nix that, I just read that the 58x conversion with gen IV controllers don't support cruise control on the due to the CAN/BCM setup. sounds like keeping the 24x and looking for the correct TAC/etc is still the way to go.
    Last edited by Aloicious; February 20th, 2010 at 01:46 AM.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos