Thread: New Tuning Tutorial: WeathermanShawn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Default New Tuning Tutorial: WeathermanShawn

Hello everyone:

For those of you who have followed the extensive thread "Tuning Notes by WeathermanShawn", a few comments are needed.

First, getting a Tutorial 'published' is almost as hard as passing a Health Care Bill.. (joke).

There are legitimate issues of liability and a healthy dose of skepticism. This is especially true when a concept is new. As a DYI Tuning enthusiast I took it upon myself to try a few new concepts that I felt met the need of many Closed-Loop Tuners. The response has been overwhelmingly positive, but it is always challenging to 'prove' new concepts.

Since a number of people have devoted a lot of their own time to improve this method (including myself), I feel a responsibility to at least have some further reader input.

I have attached a Preliminary Tutorial that describes a method of Calculating a VE Table that simultaneously allows for MAF and complete Trim Tuning. All in the course of one-two tuning runs. It is unique in that it can be done simply and efficiently, and incorporates EFILive's 'charge temperature' in its VE calculations which is a novel concept.

We need volunteers. This field does not advance without effort. This has been a total volunteer effort, but the burden of proof falls upon the 'originator' of the concept.

Would you guys and gals respectfully add your opinions, and constructive comments where necessary. If any experienced Tuners would volunteer to log the CALC.VE Table PID and compare it against their VE Table (preferably MAF-Closed-Loop), your efforts could help others.

Again, there is no personal or financial benefit for myself or anyone who has contributed to this tuning method. It just needs a fair shot.

Thanks..

CALC.VE. Update:
    Calculate the entire VE Table from Idle to Redline RPM in a Single Log Session:

1. Tune Both Closed-Loop and PE Mode/WOT (simultaneously)
    2. Calibrate MAF
    3. Eliminate Trims
    4. Calculate Entire VE Table Idle-Redline

Link Here for More Information:
    A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table.
    Last edited by joecar; April 23rd, 2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Updated CALC.VE & CALC.VET
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..