Thread: Auto VE trouble (yes another one)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Auto VE trouble (yes another one)

I am working on my first tune using EFIlive and have been trying to read as much as possible. Fortunately/unfortunately there is alot (actually an overwhelming amount) of information on this forum, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have access to a load bearing dyno that I have been using to do the auto VE process.

Car being tuned: 2001 Camaro
    LSX block bored out to 427
    Patriot Heads
    82mm throttle body
    Stock MAF
    Fast 36lb/hr injectors
    Stock fuel pump with racetronix "hotwire" at 65PSI(?)
    Base tune purchased for motor break-in

When I started with his car in the Auto VE process, it was showing in excess of 20% lean (BEN's of 1.22) even with the 15% for the Auto VE process. I didn't run it very long like this and added the 20% across the board. BEN's started showing less than 10%. After this point the BEN's have been very erratic and seems to be over compensating when I multiply to the B0101 table. After Struggling with this for several iterations, I decided to just hand smooth the table to get rid of any severe peaks/vallys, and most of the BEN's were pretty close. I did some small adjustments and the BEN's went back to 1.12 range. I don't understand why they are jumping around so much.

I am using a PLX WBO2 from the dyno which I haven't had any issues with erratic readings (I think it might be reading rich)

Our plan was to get a fuel pressure gauge and try to watch what it is doing during the tuning cycles. Here are a couple of the logs if someone could point me in the right direction. I am sure there will be requests for more info so please let me know if you need any more detail.
    Attached Files Attached Files