I recently replaced the LS2 in my '06 GTO with a 2009 LS3 from a C6, assisted by a TRG-002 translator from the fine kiddies at Lingenfelter (thanks Keith, if you're in here somewhere...)

I've had to deal with some bugaboos and gremlins caused by the installing shop (various leaks and damages done), and with everything fixed now its time to get this thing tuned. I hate to mess with it because I've been getting outrageous mileage on the highway (over 30mpg!), but the city digits are awful and I'm sure in time the motor will eventually show disgust at the stock LS2 tune and cause me more problems.

I'm debating either tuning this thing myself (I have experience as a DFI EMIC), or finding a tuner in Florida to do it. If I decide to try tuning this car, am I walking into problems? Is the translator box going to cause issues with the tuning software? Right now the motor is stock - should I look for a stock C6 or G8GXP tune to hold me over until I get some LT's on there?

And where on this website can I buy the software? The link under "Products" just shows how I can purchase additional licenses, no word on buying the actual software and first license.

Also, everyone around my area is into HPTune, so how do the two packages compare? I'm tool-agnostic, so I'm just looking for a feature comparison, not a holy war. I'm here in the first place because I like to do things against the herd, so I'm open to your info.