Quote Originally Posted by KB3MMX View Post
**After the FTC just released a statement backing up use of aftermarket Mfg's products, you'd think they'd have more....guts than this.

At least for now, H&S has stepped up to the plate and is doing tuning on the LML.

...So, it is possible to read the stock tune without any crazy physical manipulation/modification of the computer but EFILive either hasn't figured it out or is too scared so far.
No, the FTC's statement was more geared towards aftermarket exhausts, oil filters, air intakes, etc, not for tuning the PCM's and hacking off EGR valves, DPFE's and Urea injection systems, making the truck illegal to drive on any public road as far as the EPA/goverment is concerned. All the current tuners most likely are getting the tunes to modify them from GM's TIS2WEB site, which is against the user agreement that you have to agree to when using their website, you agree not to disassemble or reverse engineer the calibrations. Go take a look on their website for yourself if you do not belive me.

I am glad H&S has stepped up to the plate, I hope their wallets are HUGE and DEEP to take on GM and the goverment if need be... Just take a look at what happened to Casper Electronics with the oxygen sensor simulators a few years back!!

And no, if you did some research, you would see it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the cal out of the OBD2 port, you either have to do some crazy shit to the PCM (disassemble it) or get a calibration in a illegal fashion(GM TIS2WEB).You can flash a cal in, but you cannot get it out! That is where the problem lies, if you can download the cal out of a computer that you own, than their is no problem, you own the cal, but if you get it from GM or from someone who did or got it from someone elses hacked PCM, that is illegal as far as GM and goverment is concerned, as you don't own the cal.

We could compare dick sizes all day long when it comes to LML tuning, short answer is go to someone who is tuning them right now, get their cal while they are still in business and be happy with what you have!!!

Later
Mike