Off the methanol stuff for a while.

I have a couple of questions for those that have done it before. I am getting ready to do a conversion of a 1986 Corvette (C4) to the following: 2010 L92 with VVT and AFM (DOD). The original transmission in the Corvette was a 700R4. I've done a modification on my brothers C4 to a 4L60E in which I put in a bored and stroked LQ9 (to 427 cubic inch). This allows torque brace to work because the tail stock can be swapped pretty easily.

What TCM would be the best (a T42?) Does anything have to be done to marry the TCM to the ECM or is strictly CAN bus communication now? The older LS1 computers controlled both engine and transmission.
Does anyone know what number of OS I should look for to work with the E38 I am putting in? The OS of the E38 I am looking at is a 12625455. I believe that one supports both VVT and AFM. Any issues I should know about?

I put an LS6 into a Mazda Miata a few years ago and it is fine but as you might expect a bit over powered and can sometimes be a bit tough to control. I am looking forward to the vette modification and think can kill to birds with one stone since I can tune for Methanol! :-) It's all about the number of birds you can kill with one stone. A true Jedi can often kill more than 20 birds with just one stone...

Sam