Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
Yes, I understand diesels are easier to tune and make a highly profitable market to break into.
My eye's were opened up to the Diesel performance market years ago, it's bigger than you might imagine and now that EFILive has established itself as the premiere tuning package for Diesels it must be nurtured.

Kudos on making that executive decision to boost cash flow. But what about the people who support EFIlive?
Support or use? What do you mean support?

However, it's increasingly embarrassing and frustrating to be unable to do the simplest of increased performance mods because of a lack of uniform reference information on the software. The forum is nice, but a lot of the information is so scattered that it's a journey just to compile the data.
Have you taken any of the courses that are on offer by numerous companies? We write software, not tune cars for a living.
Does Microsoft teach you how to program a computer?
Does Snap-On teach you how to rebuild an engine?
No, like us, they provide the tools to do so. I have forgotten so much myself on the controllers because I don't work on them each day like tuners do.

Unreadable 2012 TCM file
Sure, T43 again, you made it out like ALL 2012 models of anything weren't supported, that isn't the case. In fact the 2012 Camaro ECM was supported within days of it's release as we had a tune file sent in from someone who picked one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
The t43 is still a current controller, you guys have some tuneability but not everything needed. It is used in trucks and cars both, is that not enough volumn to justify added t43 support?
There is ONE person at EFILive doing cal work, if I am working on new markets to ensure our future then the others stop, when we see sales trends as new things are released it becomes a sensible decision as to where we need to dedicate R&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
I love ALL other aspects of efilive outside of the poor t43 support.
I don't know what we can do to fix it, if I had a direct line to GM asking them how it works then we'd be on track.

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
These guys were asking for these tables back when it was still new four years ago. It got pushed bac and pushed back over the years by efilive.
See my reply above.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
i dont want to jump in on any of the bashing but last i checked the t43 is still being used in all the holden v8 auto's with no replacement transmission in sight.
Australia is a very small percentage of our sales market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
if they have the know how perhaps having the ability to view the raw bin file from the trans and let them attack it on thier own.
No need, they can make up any .cax file they want, there is people in the US doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
Imo people need justification for a price increase
Use the search function, it's been covered thoroughly.

I don't think HPTuners people are from NASA.
No, but they have four calibration engineers, makes a big difference to what can get done.

Now if EFILive is plainly saying to use their software as a diagnostic tool and they have no intent to make a user friendly interface.
What a bizarre statement, certainly not made by us.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
I understand why EFI is getting into cummins and and even support that even though I dont currently tune cummins BUT I get 50 to 1 calls about EFI for gas than cummins. I doubt there are more cummins than 2006-2011 GM that people tune with the T43. IMO it would be in EFI best intrest to spend the money and time to add atleast the same amount of support as the competition.
If we were going to go broke focusing on the Diesel market we wouldn't do it, the decision to focus on Diesel came from sales feedback. I'm not saying that by us adding 1,000 tables to the T43 is flogging a dead horse, but it certainly would not result in any significant sales figures change. Oh, how about we introduce a year model fee to ensure the R&D for new models is justified. A one off fee for unlimited tuning on a 5 year + model run is very fair, maybe too fair.
T43 troubles aside, it was going to be a struggle this year for us with the GM gassers, we had a lot of interest at the trade shows when we announced we were starting on Cummins support, people said this will be bigger than anything you have done before. So for the last year we have very much concentrated on getting Cummins to market. So far it's paid off and will continue for years to come due to a different licensing model.

So where does that leave the T43, well, nothing will change much this year, I am away for 7 weeks as of next week. If we've dropped the ball on the T43 we are just going to have to wear that hat, I don't see how that makes the rest of the software unusable as is being made out in this thread.

Cheers,
Ross