Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Hello David,

Are the ECM & TCM tunes from the same vehicle (i.e. matching tunes) ? Is the wiring harness from that vehicle, or a custom harness, and have you confirmed the pinouts / wiring connects to the components / locations that it should ?

If you need schematics to confirm the wiring continuity I can help with that. Also, some ECM & TCM pairings may have odd speedometer parameters to arrive at a proper signal (i.e. tire diameter of 6 inches, etc.). Looking at the stock, never altered tunes should provide some insight.

Regards,
Taz
They are not from the same vehicle. I have no idea what the original source was (I don't have the tune in front of me to verify). The E38 OS thinks I am running a 4l60 which could be an issue? The T42 is definitely a 4l80e OS. Do you have schematics handy that I could use to verify my wiring is correct? The harness was originally built for a 4l80e. I had to swap some pins and add the ISS connector.

I am pretty sure I tried to log VSS while connected to the T42 on the scan tool. I'll try it again.

thanks for the help!