Guys, I've gotten a lot of questions and requests for more information about how one gets "good" injector data. Up until this point, the only solution seems to have been to hope it's available from either the OEM (Ford, GM) or injector manufacturer (Bosch, Continental/Siemens) and in the public domain. I went through the exercise to convert the Ford Racing public data from Ford units and pressure into GM units and pressure, and the results are included in the data disc that accompanies my "GM Tuning Beginner's Guide" DVD.

Going a step further, I have been investigating what it would take to generate this data outside of the OEMs. What should the raw data look like? How do you run the test? What equipment is necessary?

So far, I've learned a lot about injector companies in the aftermarket. First and foremost, it showed me that only a couple of them actually have clue 1 about what they're selling. Seriously, this is a SHORT list.

Next, I got to learn about the test equipment available. A lot of places have generic injector flow benches, but this just doesn't cut it as delivered. Even the best digital bench out there today requires some "adjustment" to get useful data. ...but I'm getting close. I'm working closely with one test equipment company to see if we can manipulate their hardware to generate useful CALIBRATION DATA.

http://www.calibratedsuccess.com/inj...asurements.JPG

I still have a LOT left to do, but this graph visually shows the high slope, low slope, breakpoint, offset, short pulse adjust, etc. necessary to derive calibration data. IF this all works out clean, you'll see some new training material from me that will help shop owners willing to make the investment in the hardware how to start doing this too.