It looks like a couple people have similar problems as I'm having, i will research them and try everything i read, in the meantime here's my Sob Story.

My friend got a new truck 2004 LB7. I had an extra license and the nice guy that i am, offered to set him up with EFI Live.

I'm not a complete idiot though, i did save his stock OS (15189044) before i did anything.

We attempted to recalibrate his ECM with a tune i got from nick at duramaxtuner. The tune was the same operating system as his, but it failed.

I attempted to reflash his ECM with the tune i got from Nick since i couldn't get it to calibrate. Well this is where things turn for the worst. The reflash started off fine, until it erased the ECM memory, gas gauge drops to zero like normal, then BAM at 14 seconds in, it can't initialize the ECM. It tries again and again a couple minuites, and i ended up clicking stop, to try it again, assess the damage.

From there on out, it will not initialize the ECM, cannot seed, basically says ecm won't respond.

I tried updating software, that forced me to get version 8, from there, all updated it gave me an error $101A and i couldn't even start trying to reflash.

I reinstalled 7.5 and that atleast let me attempt to reflash the ECM, but i keep getting the same error, won't seed, ecm wont initialize.

My first thought is that this thing got wiped clean, and then lost connection, failed, shit hit the fan, and we need a new ECM.

We did not disconnect the battery though, per advice from EFI live. I'm still holding out i can get this reflashed and working again.

The check engine light glows very DIM, not bright like normal, the gas gauge still doesn't work, and it won't even crank.

If anyone knows if i can fix this without buying another ECM i would be forever greatful for your advice. I'm in over my head, i've tinkered with my LBZ for three years, and never a hiccup. After doing all the updates i'm having trouble utilizing the new software to fix a problem i created with the old software.

If i did fry the ECM did i fry my EFI license with it? How will i reprogram the new ECM with his OS and VIN and everything?