I've been searching and can't find all the info I need. This is what I'm pretty sure of, help me if I'm wrong.
I can swap the harness and pcm into a 98 if I have a 99+ gauge cluster and a 99+ gas tank fairly easily. I have a wrecked 2000 car that I can take everything out of.

From what I've read all I need to do is repin the harness at the drivers side kick panel as one has 2 plugs and the other has 3 plugs. Aside form that it's a pretty simple swap(some sensors are different but thats not big deal at all). If it is that easy, is there a wiring diagram to do so? I can't find anything on here or ls1tech.

If I vin the new pcm as a 98 the smog guy will think the car is a 98 when he plugs it into the OBD port so they won't suspect any funny business. All we have is an OBD readiness test here in Washoe county NV. I plan on running a custom OS if that matters.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or let me know if there is anything else I need to do. I could easily put all the good parts on the 2000 providing the subframe isn't bent, I don't think it is. But the 98 is in really good shape and won't need to be painted or anything.

Thanks
Kris