Quote Originally Posted by WicketMike
ive searched and i havent been able to find any help with making a 2bar map work. everybody says to talk to Rick at Synergy and i did, but he sounded like he wants me to drive up there, its a 7hour drive :-(
O.K.
Not sure what 2bar sensor you have but basically what we are doing is halving the values from the MAP sensor so 100kPa becomes 50kPa as far as the PCM is concerned.
Another example, 150kPa at the engine, the PCM thinks is 75kPa, the reason being is the PCM will limit any kPa reading to 105kPa even if it is higher.
This is achieved by rescaling the MAP sensor, see parameter - C6301.
What we want to do is to be able to turn the key on (engine not running) and see the MAP sensor reading 50kPa.
This is done by changing that value above, the 2bar GM sensor I have (PN 16040749) needs a value of 127 in that field, you might need to play around with that a bit to get it spot on.
Then we also need to disable the running barometric pressure learning, this causes all sorts of issues.
Do this by going to parameters B0301 and B0302 and set them very high, like 7300 and 7500 RPM.
Also, set table B0304 to 1.0 everywhere.
Next we need to turn off the MAP sensor codes, do that by going to the Engine diagnostics section and change P0106, P0107 & P0108 to 'X'.
Also once the MAF is unplugged you will need to change just 'P0102' in the MIL light reporting to "No MIL".
If you have an ETC you will probably also need to change the table C6101 to the maximum allowed value.
If your MAP is scaled correctly then you need to think "Double Everything I see in kPa" for the real world value.

This should be enough to get you headed in the right direction. Does the 98 pcm have 2 VE tables? if so you'll have to do both tables I'd think..