I just got done converting my car over to an automatic, i went with a yank 4400 lock up. as of now i flashed the car to a stock auto tune. ive started tuning the motor in good enough to drive it and see what its made of with my 230/236 cam and 4.10's. As of now im having trouble getting the converter to lock up. 60-65 mph in OD it still wants to rev 3500 to move. Can anyone tell me some things to help this cars driveabilty. The 2nd issue ive had is the car wants to upshift quickly. it seems to be upshifting while im torqueing it up due to the STR. The converter is very loose. If i torque it up in D it launches weak. but if i place the shifter in 1st and do the same it runs insanely hard like it should. it also dosent seem to find the right gear for rolling punches.. it seems to just run at its stall speed in whatever gear its in.
If i can get these lil issues down ill be very happy with what ive done with the car. as of now basicly untuned its an animal under WOT. with MT radials on hot pavement today it was barely holding traction on a 40mph in 2nd gear punch.