Hello all and thank you in advance for this site and the tremendous support. Being new, I don't have much to bring to the table, yet. I apologize in advance for that.

I recently purchased a 2009 Colorado with a factory 5.3L/E67/4l60e/T42 in it. Runs great, but would like more, so looking at swapping a 6.2L Escalade engine (L92) into it. Also looking to do the 6L80e into the truck also. Was considering to do them separately, but for ease of physical replacement, may do at same time. Unsure if I want to debug 2 new sytems at once though. Open to opinions.

I have researched several hours per day already, and have found some conflicting info. Because this is my daily driver, and I want to retain the stock setup as a standby on the shelf, I am looking to simply begin with a stock factory calibration for the 6.2L to get it up and driving quick. Want it to work same as stock, no mods yet.

Funds are set aside, and I am ready to purchase all required, but I want to do my homework first to not make incorrect choices. I do have a GM Tech 2 scan tool, GM MDI interface and subscription, Horiba 2 channel wide-band senors, AllDataPro subscription, and an all climate 2 wheel drive EPA certified 48" roller chassis dyno (future tuning). Please check my thinking, but my questions are:

What E67 p/n (year?) controller, operating system, and calibration would be needed to run the L92 in stock configuration? I will have to add VVT control wires in my vehicle harness since my 2009 5.3L (LH8) does not have it. I believe all other engine wiring should be 100% carry-over compatible? I don't think an E67 ever ran an L92 from GM?? Do I have to program my VIN into it? I want to remove my stock factory E67 and keep it with the removed 5.3L, should I ever need to revert back to it quickly. Looking to swap the engine, swap the E67, turn the key, and everything works, if possible. Would even consider to pay anybody here to setup the ECU ahead of time.

On either a combined or separate note (and belongs in separate thread dept, really), same with the transmission, converting from 4L60e to 6L80e. The 6L80e controller is internal, what needs to be changed in the E67 to accommodate this change? I see some vendors selling the E67 with a conversion harness, but I already have the E67 plus obtaining another for the 6.2L, so..... It seems the conversion kits really just pass through power, ground, stop lamp, park/neutral, and CAN?

Appears best to select a 2009 engine, trans, and E67?

Again, thank you in advance for the help. If I missed already published threads specific about this, I apologize and simply point the direction. The V8
Colorado is kind of unique I believe in that it uses the E67/5.3L/4L60e/T42 combo.