I used my V2 FlashScan to put an new calibration in my car to do some VE table tuning. It would not start. No problem - I'll just flash it back to the prior calibration. But decided to finally use the black box flashing provision of V2 and save lugging the laptop back and forth. Big mistake. I read the instructions and saw that should be running the latest software and firmware. I downloaded and installed the latest v7.5 and V8 and checked that I could talk to the FlashScan. I put it in dead poll mode by plugging it in with the Ctrl key down. I tried to run Start menu->All Programs->EFIlive V7.4->Update FlashScan V2 Firmware, but it was not there. The only thing close was Firmware Programmer, which I tried. It said 'no connection'. More forum searching and reading led me to discover that it doesn't work anymore. I needed to use V8. Except V8 EFIlive Explorer says 'no device connected'. So I give up on that but now when I plug in the FlashScan, I get all lights for a moment, pause, the blue light blinks once, then two flashed of a yellow light and nothing. The backlight seems to be on but nothing on the display and no response to button presses. What is wrong? Where do I go from here?