Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
while not related to the beta & instead of starting a new thread. can you take a look at the 7.5 definition for t43 os 24256025 and see what is configured at the following address - 1F652A

I have a cax file defining it as below but get a conflict, but i can make a change in the binary directly and do a compare & efi does not see any changes. (V8 runs fine, but im lazy and still use v7 format/editor)

[D9812]
; Description
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESC.001 = Remove requirement for a Tap Shift movement before enabling Manual Mode
DESC.002 = Removes SPORTS MODE.
DESC.003 =
;
;
; Seg Caption Major Minor Vis Dis 2D Grp
; --- ---------------------- --------------------------- ------------------------------ --- --- -- ---
VIEW = 4 "Up/Down Requirement" "Shift Control" "" 1 1 0 0
;
; Address(es) BitOff Bits Typ Inv
; -------------------------------- ------ ---- --- ---
ADDR = 1F652A 0 8 SED

Cheers

The V7 and V8 software have both got that cal defined (D9600), but hidden. I have no idea why it is hidden. So it is defined in the calibration definition but it is never visible to the user. That is why you get the overlap in V7.
In V8, overlaps don't matter, so I would recommend using V8 to edit that cal via a *.cax8 file.

You can convert your V7 *.cax files to V8 *.cax8 files using the conversion option in EFILive V8 [F8: Tools] -> [F6: Bulk Files] -> [Convert User Calibration Files]

Or, if you just want to convert a single V7 cax cal you can use the drop down option on the [Convert Cax] button to interactively convert V7 cax definitions to their equivalent V8 cax8 section definitions, like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cax8_single.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	24317

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out why that cal was configured as hidden in the first place.

Regards
Paul