Hey everyone, new here and to tuning with efi live as well..I’ve got two questions in particular I’m hoping someone can give me some clarification on.
First, truck is a 08 2500 6.7 with an Anarchy tune..I’m sure as many of you are probably aware, they are no longer, therefore if i loose this tune (ECM craps out) I’m out of luck. So simple question is, what do I need to be able to back up this tune..can I buy something like an auto cal (read about those some years back) and just copy my tune to that? How would I go about making sure I’ve always got a copy so I can instal a new computer and just put my tune back on it.

Second question, knowing all that..I’m wanting to do a G56 swap (she’s an auto now) and from what I understand it’s not just grounding the clutch pedals, apparently I need to actually flash the ECM to a manual. Can this be done without loosing my anarchy tune and how would I do it? Also..just hypothetically, could I just buy an ECM for a manual truck and use an auto cal or something to flash my existing tune onto it, or is it the tune itself that need to be changed..in other words, if I swap to a manual trans am I saying bye bye to the Anarchy Diesel Tune I have now?

Please keep in mind, the last time I flashed a truck was a late 90’s gasser with a superchips programmer LOL..I know nothing about efi live nowadays or flashing an 08 or what has changed .
Any help is MUCH appreciated!