2000 Camaro SS M6
F14 112, Fast 90/NW90, mac mids, ory, supporting other mods, etc etc

Well guys i finally got my wideband installed (LC1)... YAYA so i thought....

Well whenever i first installed my wideband it started throwing number 8 Error code at me (bad sensor). So i didnt even put the sensor in the bung. Well i got bored so last week i went ahead and put it in and started the car even through it was throwing a code. The code stopped flashing and then it started reading an AFR Well it was reading that i was running at around 8:1 AFR. That sure as hell is rich.

I was excited because it appeared to be working so i thought wow i can finally autoVE my car and make it driveable. YAY. Well i throw the AUTOVE tune into the car and the thing wont hardly run at all!! It wont idle pretty much at all and i tried to drive it and made it about a mile and had to put the regular tune back into it to make it home.

I noticed that as soon as i put that tune into the car that my car appeared to be running at 10.30:1 AFR ALLL THE TIME. it did not move a fraction of decimal of a atom. IT WAS PEGGED. That pissed me off. Well also whenever i was driving with the AUTOve tune in it and scanning and logging ONLY the PIDS specified in the auto ve tutorial , that scanner wouldnt even read RPM or VSS . yes yes yes. I was really happy. But then what got to me even more is that whenever i was pulled over to put the old tune in it, the scanning tool "lost" the connection. It couldnt connect at all. what i ended up having to do was change my pid selection to my default... then it would connect. Wierd huh? I even tried disconnecting it, shutting down the program, reopening it, all kinds of stuff. but so long as i had the AUTOVE pid selection selected it wouldnt work.

Well this made me start wondering if the wideband was bad or if my EFIlive was just all jacked up.

I went back today and did the exact same thing bc i remember that i had forgotten to unplug my MAF when i put the autove tune in it (will that affect it). So i went today and made sure to unplug the maf and it did the EXACT same thing, wouldnt run, wouldnt read rpm, and eventually wouldnt connect to the car until i changed my pid selction.

Sorry if all this seems confusing to you but im mad, frustrated and sad b/c i want to tune my car and cant.

dean from dynotunenitrous thinks that i got one of the bad lc1 units, imma send it to him and hopfully get a new one, but that still dont explain the durn efilive issue.

Any advice, thoughts, ways to destroy my car? anything at all?

Thanks
Trevor