did my first customers car this week with EFIlive......quite an experience and I have a few questions as a result...and a few pearls of wisdom as well. We have a dyno dynamics dyno at work (for the record) and the car was a 2000 Holden SS with a bigbore, extractors, large t/B , large MAF and large intact pipe, engine standard.

One thing I noticed was that the engine AFR sat at 14.4:1 with the o2's "on" at idle and light throttle regardless of what I did to the VE table or the injector table or MAF table???? I can not find anywhere a "target AFR closed loop" table so I can modify it to 14.7:1.
I found the open loop table and sucessfully changed that which had the desired effect on AFR when in open loop mode but nothing for "closed loop" mode.
Can anyone help me here?
The weird thing was , that when I used the bidirectional controls and activated AFR control I could change it by 0.1 AFR and see the change on the dyno wide band, and when I had it set on 14.7:1 I got 14.7:1 on the dyno AFR, turn it off and back to 14.4:1 we go. Very strange.......

Secondly , when the car came in it had very lean mixtures when in open loop mode indicating that the physical changes made to the intake and exhaust had overrun the standard engine calibration. It took me a while but I found that the biggest effect on AFR is made by changing the MAF calibration!!!!

In fact before I adjusted the MAF table I tried the IFR table and VE table, both had hardly no effect on getting my AFR's back up to the" 14's" at all! (when in open loop) It was a very frustrating time......I was being very cautious as it was a customers car not my own

Turned out that the MAF needed around 5% increase at idle load , once off idle needed a 10% increase up to 2000rpm/light load say 45 KPA then a 15% increase up to 5000rpm full load 100kpa, then around 19% up to 6000rpm full load (Which interestingly enough only moved one calibration point on the MAF table) This adjustment to the MAF table gave me mixtures I could work with when using the VE table from there on.

I have another 2 customers next week thankfully both with standard MAF's, so the job should be much more straight foward!

I'm assuming that checking the AFR's while in open loop is a good starting point when using the EFILIVE system? Is this what other tuners do? To be honest I was surprised at how far out thing were to start with. Obviously the new larger MAF had a major effect and i thought that people here should know.

In the end the car made huge torque, infact it had 95% of its peak torque available at just 2000rpm !!!! It made 210KW at the wheels in 3rd gear shootout mode, which was down a bit and what I'd thought it would make as I have dynoed many "standard" ones making similar rwkw figures but no where near the torque this thing had

cheers Mike