Thread: BIG Auto VE problem - Tune files attached

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default BIG Auto VE problem - Tune files attached

As a preface to this thread, it might be good to know my modifications:
    MS4 cam, 1 7/8" long tubes through a 3" true dual exhaust, dual 3.5" intake, NO MAF. Its in a 93 RX-7.

I have verified the logged AFR perfectly matches the wideband softwares AFR, so no issues there.

Ok, after much frusturation with trying to get my car drivable in open loop speed density, I decided to put the completely stock tune in the car. The only thing I did was remove the anti-theft.

Here is what the car was doing setup for AutoVE. Idling at ~20:1 AFR, not accepting any throttle w/o completely bogging out and dying instantly. I had the stock VE map, only slightly scaled to try and get the fuel in a normal range (which didn't work). I did some work to the idle RAFIG process, so I adjusted the fuel, and a few other things per the idle tuning thread.

Since it was idling at 20:1 AFR for no aparent reason, I added 30% to my VE table, to see if it would even have an effect on the AFR on my wideband. It brought the AFR to ~14.4:1. This was somewhat good, but the VE in the cell it was at during idle was 105%, clearly not reasonable or right.

Then I got frusturated and wanted to see what it would do with the completely stock tune minus the antitheft. It started up and ran great, took about 15 seconds to find idle. It reved great, and acted like you would expect. Not running perfect, but still really good.

So, that brings me to my question, what is so different between these two tune files that would make such a drastic differnce? I did a compare tune files, with the stock file, and the file I made setup for AutoVE. From what I saw, the only changes in there were the ones spelled out in the AutoVE tutorial, and some idle changes I made. Can you take a look at the two files and see if you can spot something that I might be overlooking.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, unless the tutorial has led me astray, but it seems to work fine for other people. I don't really know what to do at this point. I'm baffled.
    Attached Files Attached Files