Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
There are a couple of key things that are needed to do the Auto Tune, from my perspective.

1) You need to be MAFless - running in Speed Density mode
2) You need to have a Wide Band O2 sensor - basically so that you can compare commanded vs. actual AFR's
3) I'm sure this is dumbed down, but basically what the Auto Tune process is doing is looking at the commanded vs. actual AFR's and calculating the difference (factor) between the two. So that, for example, in cell 4000RPM x 55kPa your factor could be 1.10, which would mean that you are over fuelling by 10% at that specific point.

In EFILive there is a MAP that calculates all these factors for you, and allows you to paste back into the tuning tool using these factors to correct your VE table. Prior to this being available within the EFILive product it was being done in Excel Spreadsheets, so ultimately you still have that option available irrespective of the tuning tool you use.

All you would need to be able to do is build two tables, one for commanded AFR's and one for actual. Then compare the two to see how far out your actual AFR's are.

Hope that makes some sense, or if I am wrong, please flame me...

Hopefully you will have your 98 support soon anyway... Paul and Ross are working hard on this as we speak!

Cheers,
I just set C2901 to 0 to disable the MAF. Is that OK?

Bill