Thread: BB Logging beta update: March 20,2008

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default BB Logging beta update: March 20,2008

After much delay (sorry ) the next and hopefully final beta version of BB Logging is now available as a beta/pre-release version.

Download here: http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...ch_20_2008.zip

Important information:

1. PLEASE make sure you read the file Readme_First.pdf that is in the zip file. It contains important instructions, pre-requisites and warnings that you need to follow.

2. Be sure to format the Config file system (using EFILive_Explorer) on FlashScan BEFORE upgrading. That will prevent old config files from interfering with the new firmware when it is loaded.

3. After successfully updating the FlashScan firmware to FSProgV2_05_15(0320).efw, you should power cycle FlashScan. That will remove all traces of in-memory copies of the old config files/settings. If you do not, the most obvious problem you will notice is that the key-delay and key-repeat speeds will be way too fast to allow sane operation of FlashScan's keypad.

4. If you are attempting to connect your wide band controller to FlashScan, and FlashScan says "Controller Not Found", try connecting the wide band O2 controller's serial output to your PC's serial port (or USB-Serial converter) and monitor the serial data using this freely available port monitoring software: http://www.serial-port-monitor.com/
    If data is captured by the port monitor, please forward it to me at paul@efilive.com so I can trouble-shoot the problem.

And remember, if EFILive_Hapi is running (i.e. shows in the system tray), then the EFILive V7.5 software will not be able to connect to the FlashScan cable.

Please report problems in the FlashScan BB Logging forum, or directly to me at paul@efilive.com

Have fun...

Regards
    Paul and Ross
    Last edited by Tordne; March 23rd, 2008 at 11:49 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.