When I dyno and use the operators WB and use my WB, there tends to be a discrepancy in my logged AFR vs the operators WB AFR readings. I tend to trust the dyno operator's WB more than mine on a short sample such as a dyno pull. This also made me wonder why we see the discrepancy in values. Is it because I am tracking to many pids, (23 max) or is it an inherent issue with the data logging process of a store bought WB02?

When I do auto VE, my pid count is usually maxed @ say 23 total pids selected. AT this point, I end up trying to gain as many cell hits as possible to get a reliable VE MAP. Up wards of 25 to as many as 50 and I start to get comfortable with the data value.

If I reduce the number of selected PIDs to a minimum required to log AFR only, would the number of cells counts increase with fewer pids selected?

I don't mind doing the lower rpm cells when doing my BEN MAP but the higher rpm cells is asking for trouble. I live in the flat lands of the Midwest.

Bottom line, short question, is the a better way to improve the reliability of AFR readings with a shorter driving period and fewer pulls to max RPM?