Thread: ASR randomly turns off

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Major IAC Issues

Okay so I've got a problem and I've been fighting it for like 2 days so I figured I'd come to you guys for some help. I recently put a cam in my car ( 227/231 .614/.617 111+4 ) When I put in the cam I also sent out my throttle body to be ported and polished. When the cam was first put in it wouldn't idle. My friend had the great idea of drilling the hole out bigger So we drilled it out to about 7/32 ish. Now it idles fine at first, but after driving for a while and getting the RPM's kinda high the idle will slowly climb up, and after like 20 minutes of "regular" driving it will be at like 2,000. Then when I'm driving I will get the cruise control affect.

Another thing that happens is the ASR will randomly turn off, I have been unable to pin point what causes this, but I was able to grab the SES light codes while it was off, see attached image. After the ASR turns off the car wont idle for crap. I feel like an idiot sittin at a red light in a nice car idling at 2,300rpm.

Right now the PCM is loaded with a MAFless AutoVE tune, because I'm trying to get my fuel tables close with the new cam. So that is why the MAF codes are thrown. But it is IMPOSSIBLE to tune a car that doesn't have a constant idle. The AutoVE will get me close, and then the idle will act up and everything goes downhill from there. I'm thinking that I need to get a decent idle first before I try and mess with the fuel tables. On Monday I am going to find someone with a aluminum welder that can close the hole so I can redrill to the stock size, and then use the set screw to adjust. I don't think that drilling the hole bigger would cause the Traction control to turn off...

Guys I really need some help here I'm stumped.

Attached SES Codes ---> Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	323 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	3991

Thanks,
    -CoryF
    Last edited by CoryF; October 6th, 2008 at 03:30 PM.
    2001 Camaro SS #2070
    -K&N FIPK, P/P TB, 227/231 .614/.617 111+4, UD Pulley, LT headers, OFY, Dumped 3" Exhaust, !AIR, KONI 4/4, Spec 3+ w/ Aluminum Fly Wheel, 4.10's, Custom EFILive Tune