Thread: 2 bar table, E38

Default 2 bar table, E38

Do I have to adjust the table with the MAP zone boundaries (B8021) to go to a 2 bar setup?

How does the computer "know" to use the 2 bar VE table? Is it based on the MAP scaler/offset? Or does it use the 1 bar table until it "sees" boost? If that is the case, you'd want your 1 bar table to match the 2 bar table up until the boost region. I can't imagine that being the case.

It is a good idea to adjust the MAP zones up when doing a 2bar set up. It gives you better control of the VE in boost.

The ECM doesn't switch between VE tables because the VE tables don't really exist.
    But if you are working on a 2bar tune then you need to make ALL adjustments to the 2bar VE table. A change in the 1bar table might (probably will) mess up all the VE values in to boost.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I probably should make sure all three tables match in regions they have in common, right?

All 3?
    What you need to do before you touch the virtual VE tables is decide what range you will be tuning up to. If you are going to be running up to say 180kPa of MAP then adjust the last MAP zones up to say 150kPa. Then tune just the 2bar VE table. Adjustments made to either the 1,2 or 3 bar table will affect all the tables, so just stick with one of them.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.