Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta testing for SF .

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You sort of answered your own questions really. Quality takes time. Its that simple.

There seems to be a perception of some customers (and I don't mean you) that a company must claim to be the first, or the biggest, or the fastest, or the largest in order for customers to believe a product is any good. I don't subscribe to that.
    If it takes an extra year to develop a better product, so be it. I refuse to enter into a race to the bottom, to see who can get the crappiest product to market first. But that's just my philosophy.

As you rightly assumed, A lot of effort has been going on behind the scenes to build EFILive into a better more capable company with better, more capable products. Over the next 3-6 months those efforts will be evident.

Regards
    Paul

Hear, hear!

Great answer. I know I use the other guys software due to a few more supported vehicles, and I HATE USING IT!!!!
    EFI Live is by far hands down the best tuning software on the market, period.

I think what happens with us, your customers, is we know what comes next from you guys hands down will rock, and we want it now. That is the worldly way now isn't it, instant gratification.

I would like to thank all the EFI Live software developers personally. I do know the amount of time it takes to build a software version capable of being put into the hand of the public. I worked with UMI Racing Technology and I was the guy who tested a lot of the new software versions.

I tested it, told them what didn't work, and it would take sometimes days to get 1 problem sorted out. There are thousands of pages of code, and sometimes a problem could take modifying 1/4 of those pages.

Anywho, thanks for the hard work. And be rest assured, anyone who says EFI Live is the inferior software, is not a tuner.

Any updates on the progress of the new updates?

Thanks,

Brad
    99 Firebird Formula, M6, LS6 intake, headers, catback, lid, BRE cam.

EFI V2, V7.5.5 (Build 149)
    V8.1.2 (Build 142)
    Boot Block 2.07.01 Oct 14, 2010
    Firmware 2.07.05 Jan 29, 2011
    LC-1 with serial cable
    COS 5

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

During the beta test, a bunch of errors were found in the release candidate for BBR (Black Box Reading). Those errors are being fixed and a new release candidate will be built. If that passes testing then it will be made publicly available. I expect that to happen before end of Sep.

BBF (Black Box Flashing) will be entering beta testing once BBR testing is complete. BEcause BBF and BBR share 95% of their code the BBF testing should be relatively error free (but Murphy's law will most likely prevail).

I'm planning to have BBF ready before SEMA which means it should be ready by end of October.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

During the beta test, a bunch of errors were found in the release candidate for BBR (Black Box Reading). Those errors are being fixed and a new release candidate will be built. If that passes testing then it will be made publicly available. I expect that to happen before end of Sep.

BBF (Black Box Flashing) will be entering beta testing once BBR testing is complete. BEcause BBF and BBR share 95% of their code the BBF testing should be relatively error free (but Murphy's law will most likely prevail).

I'm planning to have BBF ready before SEMA which means it should be ready by end of October.

Regards
    Paul
    Cool.

Will the BBR release coincide with updates to Scan, Tune, Explorer and Scan & Tune?

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Cool.

Will the BBR release coincide with updates to Scan, Tune, Explorer and Scan & Tune?
    Yes, there's a bunch of changes to the V7.5 and V8 software as well.
    Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Yes, there's a bunch of changes to the V7.5 and V8 software as well.
    Regards
    Paul
    Ok thankyou.

Thanks Paul.
    99 Firebird Formula, M6, LS6 intake, headers, catback, lid, BRE cam.

EFI V2, V7.5.5 (Build 149)
    V8.1.2 (Build 142)
    Boot Block 2.07.01 Oct 14, 2010
    Firmware 2.07.05 Jan 29, 2011
    LC-1 with serial cable
    COS 5

Any tenative beta release on the BBR, BBF, or the WTF?.... opps, sorry got a date on the last one already....
    99 Silverado 2500 Extracab Longbed
    33" BFG's - American Racing Rims

Custom Dual Upper console gauge mount w/Autometer Sport Comp - Pyro, Oil Temp
    Autometer Sport Comp Boost/Vac in Custom Hypersonic Gauge Mount in dash

LS-1 6.0L w/AFR 205cc Street Heads
    Vortech V2 blower
    42# Injectors
    Comp Cam - Custom Street Grind
    TTS Catback Exhaust
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2
    Tune and Trans mods via EFILive V1-V2

The latest RC4 went out yesterday to the beta testers. It is looking OK to make it a public pre-release. I may do that in the next day or two.

Regards
    Paul

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast