Thread: Tuning gone wild

Default Tuning gone wild

I am tuning a LS6 with many alterations. I have my fingers crossed that someone might be able to look at the attached log file and help me understand:
    Why do LTFT and STFT max to full rich even though the car is not rich?

The O2 switch points are from stock 2002 Z06 bin. New O2 sensors. The MAF is DISCONNECTED during this log. C2901, C2903, C2904 are set to stock parameters (not autoVE). DTC P0101, P0102 were enabled and set for two trips. Not absolutely sure, but no related DTCs were set. Only cranked once after cal flash.

MAF is not in normal location and I will need to cal after I get a reasonable VE table. I started with a stock 2002 Z06 VE table which logged high GM.DYNAIR airflow and real low AFR values. I dropped about the VE about 30% and just now getting close to 12 to 14 AFR. Large cam is making this harder than normal: MAP produces 75 to 85 KPa at idle (900 RPM).

I guess the larger cam is far less efficient below 2000 RPM and therefore needing to drop the VE table, but the strange trim results concern me.

Any information to help me reassure myself that I understand the relationship between DYNAIR, MAF, Injector flow rate would be helpful.

Thanks....
    Attached Files Attached Files