Thread: Setting up V2 for BBL...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

it describes operations in several different applications and places and has no reference when one sentence refers to one piece of software or hardware and the subsequent sentence refers to another.

Either in this tutorial or another on the same subject we were discussing the V2 piece of hardware and had been moving through it with the F keys in order to select PIDS and the next sentence said something about the blue screen.

After an hour or two of reading I was able to discover that the blue screen was not the blue screen on the V2 but the blue screen in V8 scan and tune in the BBLogging subsection. A simple supplementary sentence that stated after you got to the PID section in the V2 you need to go to V8 and move to F5 the Black Box Settings to populate the various PID selections.

It also needs reference to how to save those selections and get them into the Options.txt file that is in the hidden Windows 7 folder ProgramData and than how to push that Options.txt file into the V2.

Obviously these tutorials are written by folks that thoroughly understand the software, but they need to be proofread by someone that is not as familiar with it so that the rapid leaps of incredible minds can be slowed down enough that each step is included in operational order.

And I suppose if I had my druthers, there would be a greater use of sticky threads that were continually updated to reflect the changes required by the constant (thank you for them) updates we get. There are a number of excellent threads that I have read in my 9 hours of renewing my ability to get around this software today that turned out to be true but only up to the time the thread ended and the knowledgeable would know that some of the info in the thread needed updating simply do to the adoption of the constant improvements. In effect the stickies become a constantly updating "owners manual."

Thanks for your help on this.
    Last edited by pkincy; November 8th, 2009 at 09:36 PM.