Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question abuot tables and such

Default question abuot tables and such

I have heard several people say that EFI has more tables and PArameters than some "other" software...
    so I download teh demo to check things out...
    but the demo is so limited that I cant see any of these things....

IF the software is locked to the cable than why do you have to have a demo version that wont let you see any parameters.... :?

I just want to see what it can do....I have been thinking about buying a copy because of wanting some of the custom OS's and so I would have both Major tuning softwares to put up on the table for customers...

anybody have a way to show me what I want to see??

No, the only way that I know of to look at the actual program would be to get with Pau/Ross and they "may" be able to help you out. I would suspect you will need to purchase it.

Lifetime Member

Default Re: question abuot tables and such

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    I have heard several people say that EFI has more tables and PArameters than some "other" software...

IF the software is locked to the cable than why do you have to have a demo version that wont let you see any parameters.... :?

I just want to see what it can do....I have been thinking about buying a copy because of wanting some of the custom OS's and so I would have both Major tuning softwares to put up on the table for customers...

At least you can download a copy to see how it works

maybe ask someone to post a screenshot of what you are looking for , anything you need or want is in there , if you think you need some other table just ask , the guys have been more than accomadating adding any tables requested in that GM have in the code. They have even incorporated any tables that where not in the code that I felt wee needed into the custom operating systems.

I'd be happy to send you any screenshots or info that might be helpful to you. Also, you might find the instruction and tutorial downloads informative. http://www.efilive.com/doc/index.html Anything for a fellow Goatster
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Lifetime Member

Default Re: question abuot tables and such

Sound Engineer , is this a serious enquiry or just a fishing expidition ? given your very close association with HPT ?

A lot of us have/had HPT and have converted across due to the improved software and free upgrades.

www.chipmaster.com.au

According to http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=21 per Ken HPTs SD code is better then Lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
    If you have never run our SD code, then you don't know what you are missing. That includes awesome driveabilty for cammed cars and 2 bar code that stands above the competition. HP Tuners 2 bar code is hands down superior to the other guys. These code modifications require lots of R&D and are not free, but are well worth the price. You get what you pay for here.
    So why would you want to "check out" Lives???? :?: How can the coding make the cars drivability better? I don't think it can.

I honestly have had a few customers interested in some EFI tunes.....and would lik eto be able to offer it to them...
    I'm getting ready to go down to South America with the Band Incubus for a couple of weeks and when I get back I'm going to have some paying around money...and would like to purchase EFI to have it for my Customers

I think what makes me want to get it the most is that I can have a boost timing reduction table in one of the custom OS's
    adn I can add a Valet Mode to cars

and FWIW...I already know how to make lean cruise work..so the MAP vs RPM vs AFR isnt much use to me fo rthat like a lot of people are using it...
    but I wouldnt mind it for some Custom AFR for the Spray

I am honestly looking into this as a serious purchse mainly for custom OS stuff....especially since HPTuners has no intentions of developing Custom OS's and it looks like EFI is teh way to go for that....

Lifetime Member

I honestly have had a few customers interested in some EFI tunes.....and would lik eto be able to offer it to them...
    I'm getting ready to go down to South America with the Band Incubus for a couple of weeks and when I get back I'm going to have some paying around money...and would like to purchase EFI to have it for my Customers

I think what makes me want to get it the most is that I can have a boost timing reduction table in one of the custom OS's

and FWIW...I already know how to make lean cruise work..so the MAP vs RPM vs AFR isnt much use to me fo rthat like a lot of people are using it...

I am honestly looking into this as a serious purchse mainly for custom OS stuff....especially since HPTuners has no intentions of developing Custom OS's and it looks like EFI is teh way to go for that....
    Sounds a lot like you have come to the same realisation as a lot of other people.

the realism is that I can do the same basic tuning with either..and I have a few people who have needs for custom OS's that HPTuners doesnt carry...
    I still like using HPTuners better...I just want some custom OS development that I dont have with HP

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delco

Sounds a lot like you have come to the same realisation as a lot of other people.
    If you doubt what he says check my signature. So far you have listed a 1 table difference between the softwares. Ken told me the other day the tables EFILive is missing are tables which are imperative to driveablility and make the car drive better. Not 2 days after he says that you are inquring and intrested in a few tables they dont have. Irony at its best. Whats even funnier is he thought when I said it was a +/- 1-2 table difference he thought the difference was in his favor LMFAO.

I just want some custom OS development that I dont have with HP
    As far as this is concerned ping HPT and ask them to add the tables. After all they are customer driven and look out for the customers best interests. Or maybe you are really here because you dont want to pay the 299. per 2 bar tune to support the company you back.

Lets see

1. you all ready figured out how to patch the bin for LC so you dnt need that part of the custom os
    2. you are intereted in one table and valet mode (hpt said they would add valet mode way back yesteryear)

So why are you really here? Remember the truth will set you free....

Just buy the software and be happy with it. After 3 2 bar tunes the cable will have paid for itself...
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast