Is it locked? Check PCM security.
    2001 Chevrolet K2500HD Duramax
    Suncoast SCIV 1056
    Kennedy twin lift pumps
    Billet pick up
    MBRP 4" exhaust
    Air intake horn mod
    ARP head studs
    A few more go fast/truck pulling goodies!
    Tuned with EFI
    12.65 @ 107 1.71 60'

Just ran PCM Security and came out Locked.
    Whats my option from here?

I don't need to see whats in there. Just want to be able to tune this truck as it now has an added Supercharger.
    I'm assuming my options are to remove the ecu and send it somewhere or get another ecu?

Found the place who locked it. He wants the ecu shipped to him to unlock.
    At the same time I found another at a local salvage yard.
    Is there anything on these ECUs that will need to be reprogrammed like immobilizer if I opt to replace it instead. Cost is the same to ship the old one out to get it unlocked or buy another.

Lifetime Member

I know this is not the way EFILIve works but if one had the stock tune then even it was locked can a person just full flash a tune to it writing over the locked tune that is in it. That is if full flash support is available for that module. But full flash may not be needed if the OS is the same as the one that is on there. Just would like to know that one can flash a tune over a locked tune on this ECM?

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

No, the lock also prevents writing.

Just want to update this thread so it becomes useful for some or one.
    I ended up buying another ecu from a 2003 Silverado with a 6.0. Read the rom fine, made changes to my fuel injectors and took care of security. Truck fired right up. Made some more changes and started driving on the Dyno. I noticed right away that the truck felt heavy. Like it was in a higher gear to start with. Then noticed that all the shift patterns were wrong. That it was starting in a higher gear then down shift as I went faster in speed(mph).
    I figured it was the program in the ecu and tried flashing it with a Yukon map. That didn't work because the OS didn't match. Then I realized it was the trans that were different between two trucks. Yukon with 4l60 and Silverado with a 4l80. I know some of you already knew this but I figure I'd post since I didn't get a warning about it.
    For a fix I had to look for a rom with my OS number that uses a 4l60 trans to match the Yukon. Otherwise I'd had to get another ecu, I thought, to match the 6.0 and 4l60 trans.
    Right now I'm running the same year silverado rom but a rom for a 5.3 and 4l60 trans. On to tuning tomorrow.
    If I have anymore problems, I'll report back.

Lifetime Member

With this controller you can put pretty much any OS and trans in it that you want. If you have a 6L + 4L60E Silverado, use an 03 6L + 4L60E Silverado tune as a baseline. BTW, you need to full flash to change the OSs, plug your FlashScan in then open the tune file and click the BIG red arrow, not the skinny red one.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I couldn't find a silverado with 6.0L and 4L60 trans. So you're saying I can do a full flash with a different OS that what's on the ecu now? If that's the case then I will just Reflash it with a base from the Yukon with the right engine and trans.
    A simple prompt from this software could've help I guess. Instead of just saying "a calibration Reflash is only permitted when both operating systems are compatible". Why not add " a full Reflash is required"

That error message assumes you're accidentally flashing in the cal from a different OS.

With the 0411 PCM you can full flash any 0411 file that is the same size (i.e. 512KB, 758KB, 1024KB) (you can't mix the file sizes);

also, unless you change the throttle body, you should flash in a file with the same throttle type (DBW or cable);

same with transmission (manual, 4L60E, 4L80E).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12