Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: EFILive V7.5 Hanging When Starting Up or Shutting Down

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    If you are having problems with the latest build (237/235) and firmware (7.45), your best resolution seems to be to load the 230 software and the latest (7.46) firmware. We did and all issues were resolved (with the exception of course what the new software alleviated) and we were back in business.

Ed M
    Thanks Ed, as I said been away for a bit and was wondering if there was a resolution for this issue before I start back into it.

Lifetime Member

235+ 45 FW = hang Start and shutdown

235+ 46 FW = hang on shutdown

230+ 46 FW = hang on shutdown.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    235+ 45 FW = hang Start and shutdown

235+ 46 FW = hang on shutdown

230+ 46 FW = hang on shutdown.
    I'm confident the problem is with the USB drivers, not the EFILive software. Some combination of what the V7 software is requesting the drivers to do is causing the drivers to fail. The latest USB drivers (V2.08.28) that have been shipping with the V7 and V8 software since the May 25, 2013 pre-release seems to be the culprit. Until we can figure out what that combination is, the best workaround option is explained below...

Previously (on the May 25 pre-release) I posted that you cannot downgrade the USB drivers once the software and firmware had been updated. However, issues with USB 3.0 ports meant that the new features that were not supported by the older drivers had to be removed, making the software compatible with the old drivers again. So now the latest V7 and V8 software (and FlashScan/AutoCal firmware) should operate normally while still using the old drivers.

The currently released V7 and V8 software should continue to function properly while using the old V2.08.14 drivers that shipped with versions of the EFILive software prior to May 25. The simplest/best solution for anyone with the V7 hanging issue is to install the latest V7 and V8 software and FlashScan/AutoCal firmware (which will install the new V2.08.28 USB drivers), then downgrade the drivers to V2.08.14

Unfortunately, the EFILive_USBManager application that ships with the latest EFILive software will refuse to downgrade the USB drivers if it detects that "V8 build 225" or later, or "V7 build 231" or later is installed.

I have posted an updated version of the USB Manager program that will let you upgrade/downgrade the USB drivers if you have the latest software installed (that is compatible with both old and new drivers).

Updated USB Manager program available here: http://download.efilive.com/Software...USBManager.zip

Download it and unzip it into the folder:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V8 (on 32-bit machines)
    or
    \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 (on 32-bit machines)
    overwrite the existing EFILive_USBManager.exe file.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Thanks Paul,

Will give it a try soon as I return home!

Late to the show here, but I am having the hang up on my Sony Vaio. Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Vision
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102

Downgrading works..but REALLY slow to finish progress bar. Still a step in the right direction.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

I downloaded the firmware and build 230 this fixed my problem for 2 weeks then its back to the hanging issue without making any changes. I tried downloading build v7.5 235 and downgrading the usb drivers with no luck.

Default Re: EFILive V7.5 Hanging When Starting Up or Shutting Down

Is it hanging on you guys all the time or just when v2 is plugged in? Mine only hangs when v2 is plugged in. Unplug v2 from USB port and tune tool instantly starts up. I then plug in v2. It will not hang at all for me with v2 plugged in if I have v8 scan and tune or efi explorer opened up with the little flashscan icon having the green checkmark in it.

Any suggestions I really need to get it going by the weekend?

Thanks

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tddmatt View Post
    I downloaded the firmware and build 230 this fixed my problem for 2 weeks then its back to the hanging issue without making any changes. I tried downloading build v7.5 235 and downgrading the usb drivers with no luck.
    You said "without making any changes", did you maybe re-install V7 or V8? Performing any install or re-install will update the drivers to the latest version. Downgrading the drivers again can be problematic because Windows "hates downgrading drivers". It always tries to install the "latest and greatest" driver set that it knows about. I recommend uninstalling the drivers using the program:\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
    Enter the following four Product IDs: E4A0, E4A1, E4A2 and E4A3 like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uninstall_ftdi.png 
Views:	224 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	15586
    Then click [Remove Devices].
    Note: Some messages about unable to remove one or more of those ID's may be displayed.

Then reconnect FlashScan and Windows should fail to install the drivers since there are no drivers on your system anymore.
    Right click "Computer" and select Properties, then open Device Manager and expand the USB group and locate FlashScan, right click it and select Install Driver and choose to browse for the driver files.
    Browse to the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7 and install the drivers from there.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast