Thread: Please Help!! PCM will not flash!!

Default Please Help!! PCM will not flash!!

Well, I managerd to do exactly what I was warned might happen. I was messing with the ETC tables a little too much an managed to create a memory fault. The PCM will not flash, I get codes p1518, p0606, along with the PCM seeing a RPM signal. The message center says the engine and trans overheated and the temp gauge reads hot even though its not. If there is anything anyone knows that I can do to possibly get around this little issue, it would be greatly appreciated. The vehicle is a 03 silverado with a 6.0 just put in place of the 5.3. STS turbo system with meth and boost controller. I am running a custom OS with no MAF, which works great by the way. Thank you in advance and if I have to send it out where do I go?
    Regards,
    madprof01

Do a Flash Program & Operating System with what you had working last. If you've never had the Custom OS working then just "Program & Operating System reflash with your last operating tune"

You should be ok, some of us have had laptop & car batterys go dead in the process of flashing and recovered.

That is what my next step will be when I get to work in the morning. The custom OS was working great, in fact I was almost done!! But no I had to take it home and mess with it last night! Hope you are right. THanks for the input.
    madprof01

I can next day you out a spare pcm for you tommorrow for 125 shipped next day air. If you need one asap.

sounds good wait4me, Hopefully it won't be necessary. IF It is can the original be recovered?
    madprof01

well I think I am screwed. The PCM will not accept any flash or read commands. Is there any way to to erase the RAM and start over? or am I buying a PCM?
    madprof01

Quote Originally Posted by madprof01
    Well, I managerd to do exactly what I was warned might happen. I was messing with the ETC tables a little too much an managed to create a memory fault. The PCM will not flash, I get codes p1518, p0606, along with the PCM seeing a RPM signal. The message center says the engine and trans overheated and the temp gauge reads hot even though its not. If there is anything anyone knows that I can do to possibly get around this little issue, it would be greatly appreciated. The vehicle is a 03 silverado with a 6.0 just put in place of the 5.3. STS turbo system with meth and boost controller. I am running a custom OS with no MAF, which works great by the way. Thank you in advance and if I have to send it out where do I go?
    Regards,
    madprof01
    If you want to, you can send the tun file to me that caused this and I can flash it into one of my PCM's here. I'll see if it causes the same issues, and if there is a way out.
    ross at efilive dot com

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well guys I ended up letting the smoke out trying to manually force a reset. One thing I forgot to mention is that the vehicle was running and then just quit. THis may be the same result of the settings of the ETC tables, but I had left it out in the original thread. anyway I got a used pcm locally for 70$ and after flashing the os calibration and changing the VIN it worked perfectlly. Paul was kind enough to give me a licence to use to get to this point for free. Thanks again Paul. I still ended up hesitantly changing the predicted map tables to smooth out performance and stop reduced enging power from activating. Needless to say I will never make that mistake again! Thanks again to everyone and I love this program and its capabilities. can't wait for moates support for the 98 f body!
    madprof01
    Paul: let me know what happens with flashing your pcm and if you get the same results!