Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v2 with LC1?

Default v2 with LC1?

Hey all,
    Having a trouble connecting my LC1 wideband to the v2. I have tried using the orange connectors, and currently I have it hooked up as serial. I had the 2 lc1 PID's and it just keeps reading 7.50. Am I missing something here? Do I need to upgrade the software on my laptop, as well as new programming for the v2? Im currently using 7.5 software.

Thanks in advance,
    Josh

Hi Josh,

Are you using the serial comms connection (this is way better than the analog connection)...?

With the serial comms connection, do you have it wired as a null-modem cable (Tx and Rx swapped)...?

With the serial comms connection, which pids are you using...? (should be: EXT.WO2LAM1, EXT.WO2EQR1, EXT.WO2AFR1, EXT.WO2ST1)

If you can get serial comms to work (you should be able to), you can avoid the analog connection.

What is the version of the firmware in your V2...?

Which build version V7 software are you using...?

You still need V8 as this includes V2 firmware updates.

V7 software includes the scantool and tunetool.
    V8 software includes the tool for configuring V2 for BBx (logging, reading, flashing), the explorer tool (uploads/downloads logs and tunes) and V2 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Josh,

Are you using the serial comms connection (this is way better than the analog connection)...?

With the serial comms connection, do you have it wired as a null-modem cable (Tx and Rx swapped)...?

With the serial comms connection, which pids are you using...? (should be: EXT.WO2LAM1, EXT.WO2EQR1, EXT.WO2AFR1, EXT.WO2ST1)

If you can get serial comms to work (you should be able to), you can avoid the analog connection.

What is the version of the firmware in your V2...?

Which build version V7 software are you using...?

You still need V8 as this includes V2 firmware updates.

V7 software includes the scantool and tunetool.
    V8 software includes the tool for configuring V2 for BBx (logging, reading, flashing), the explorer tool (uploads/downloads logs and tunes) and V2 firmware.

Well, I appreciate the help first off. I somehow messed up my v2 now and am not even able to scan anything. Says its not valid with this software after I did the latest updates off the efilive site. This always seems to happen to me, hopefully it is something simple.

For the other questions, Yes i am using the Null adapter (male to male) but I cannot even get wideband info on the v2 without it being connected to the computer either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nver2loud View Post
    Well, I appreciate the help first off. I somehow messed up my v2 now and am not even able to scan anything. Says its not valid with this software after I did the latest updates off the efilive site. This always seems to happen to me, hopefully it is something simple.

For the other questions, Yes i am using the Null adapter (male to male) but I cannot even get wideband info on the v2 without it being connected to the computer either.

Ok, so i got the software working with firmware updates. However, I still cannot log wideband even with those PID's. I have checked to make sure I am on serial out, terminator on serial in.

Some terminator plugs are difficult to plug in, make sure it is all the way in.

Are certain your serial cables are joined using a null-modem adapter and not a plain adapter...?

Did you configure the V2 to recognize the LC-1...?

To do this, start the V8 S&T software, click the Devices button/tab on the left, and then:
    - goto Logging and checkmark All External Digital pids; close the box;
    - goto Serial I/O and set comm port to Wideband and set Wideband Type to Innovate.

Then connect your V2 to your vehicle's OBD2 port, and using the LCD menu's locate the wideband display.

Hey Joe,
    Thanks for the reply. I am glad of your question about the null modem adapter. I went onto radio shacks website to look up what they sold me as the adapater....NOT the correct one, it was just a plain adapter. It actually still needed the plain adapater as the null adapater was male and female on the other end, i needed 2 males. I didnt connect my laptop but it came up immediately on my v2 and matched my gauge. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries, cheers

I guess I probably need the null modem adapter to since I cant get it to work

You need either the null modem adapter, or you can splice the wires together to achieve a null modem serial cable.

I'm going to get the null modem adapter. I just had gotten the male to male adapter and it wasn't working. At least I found the info here. Would have never thought there was a difference in adapters. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast