Thread: RAFIG => Iffy start ups now

Default RAFIG => Iffy start ups now

My idle was hanging up when I was coming to a stop ... So I went ahead and logged RAFIG. My airflow was too high so I adjusted it down per the RAFIG. My problem now though is that, after my engine is up to temp, if I turn the motor off ... go inside for a little while and let the motor cool. When I come back out and start it up, it will crank up and then idle at like 500 for a few seconds before it increases the IAC's to keep the 900 set idle.

I think its b/c RAFIG gets the average correction over the temperature span ... but as its logging, I see that the correction (decreasing of airflow) gets greater as the motor gets warmer. In other words, if the cell starts logging the correction at 20*C it'll read that the correction is -1.00, but the average keeps increasing to -2.6 by the top of the temperature for that cell. So I'm thinking that whenever I start up the motor at the lower end of the temperature span for that cell its not getting enough air.

Do I just have to tweak the startup correction airflow tables? Or is there some other way to fix this. It's nice not having my idle hanging up anymore, but its kind of annoying now that 50% of the time my car acts like it's going to stall out on me

TIA
    2001 Black Z28
    TR230 | Jet Hot LT's | RT 7000 Series + 2.5" Ypipe + Hooker Catback | Eibach pro kit | 18x9.5/10.5 Chrome zo6 rims | SLP Bowtie Grille

395 rwhp / 377 rwtq

you might try putting the stock B4307 values back in and adjusting the throttle follower decay rate

Ok I'll give that a shot. Thanks
    2001 Black Z28
    TR230 | Jet Hot LT's | RT 7000 Series + 2.5" Ypipe + Hooker Catback | Eibach pro kit | 18x9.5/10.5 Chrome zo6 rims | SLP Bowtie Grille

395 rwhp / 377 rwtq