Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need some help with pids. JOECAR?

Default need some help with pids. JOECAR?

Alright i have been working on tuning my truck mainly the maf and ve tables. I recently purchased a innovate lc2 wideband and i have been trying to follow the calc vet tutorial that is stickied by weatherman shawn at the top, but i feel i am doing something wrong with the pids. I believe i might be close to having them correct, but i am not sure. Constructive Criticism is appreciated. Vehicle specs. 2002 silverado 2500hd 8.1L gas with a intake, comp cams xr270HR cam. and true dual 3 inch exhaust NO CATS. For the meantime i am using the wideband with a tailpipe clamp till i can get the bung welded in place. Here is a short log. Mainly just idleing since i am still trying to figure out if i have things right. Also i do have the wideband wired for serial and i am using a null modem. Thank you for your time reading and any input.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2002 Chevy 2500HD 8.1L Allison Combo
    CAI,True Dual 3in Exhaust,Throttle Body Spacer, Comp Cams xr270, Comp Cams Roller Tip Rockers, Working On tuning with EFI LIVE

I'll be able to look closer at your files later tonite...

Awesome thank you for helping me out i really appreciate it. I will wait to hear back from you
    CAI,True Dual 3in Exhaust,Throttle Body Spacer, Comp Cams xr270, Comp Cams Roller Tip Rockers, Working On tuning with EFI LIVE

i think i might have gotten things figured out but i would like if you could check out my most recent log. The only thing that i am having issues with is why my afr is saying its soo lean.

You first two logs did not have enough data, and not enough RPM and MAP range.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin6.5l View Post
    i think i might have gotten things figured out but i would like if you could check out my most recent log. The only thing that i am having issues with is why my afr is saying its soo lean.
    Your wideband lambda (EXT.WO2LAM1) shows you are very lean everywhere (use lambda rather than AFR)...

post your tune file.

Once we find and correct the reason for being lean everywhere, then you'll need to do some steady throttle pulls up thru the RPM range (with engine loaded, i.e. pulling vehicle).

in this log why is there 25% throttle at start up as well as idle may be slightly low with the cam 700 ish might be more stable no afr or lambda makes it hard to pinpoint

Alright i think i am going to do some logging today with it. ill post that info up later. also do you think becuase i am using a tailpipe clamp that i might be getting skewed readings. thank you for staying with me on this. Here is the tune that i have been using.

alright i finally had the chance to get some logging done while driving. i contacted innovate about using a tailpipe clamp and they said that they dont really read well below 2000 rpm so i guess until i get the bung welded in i will be tuning 2000 and up for rpms. anyways i have two logs that are pretty long and should have some good data for your input. thank you again for taking the time to help me out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast