Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LQ4 swap lost communication, spark, and fuel.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The $06FF error occurs when the data that is sent from the PC does not match the data that was programmed into the PCM. What that really means is something outside of the control of EFILive has modified or corrupted the data after it left the PC and before (or while) it was programmed into the ECM's flash memory. That error usually occurs because:

1. The PCM flash memory is faulty and it is not accepting or retaining the data that was programmed into it - in that case its time for a new PCM.
    2. There are one or more modules on the VPW bus that are interfering/corrupting the data on the VPW bus during the re-flash process - using a bench harness will solve that. Or if you know which modules are misbehaving, then pull their fuses prior to reading or flashing so they can't cause any trouble.

You can tell if the PCM is recoverable or not. If you connect FlashScan and the rightmost orange LED on FlashScan flashes consistently at 4 times per second then the PCM should be recoverable.

If you do end up with an unrecoverable PCM that you have licensed with EFILive, then we will provide you with a replacement license when you obtain replacement PCM. To claim your replacement EFILive license, send a scanned copy of the replacement PCM's invoice to support@efilive.com with a brief explanation of the fault and you FlashScan serial number and auth code.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul, I appreciate your help. I bought a bench harness from Speartech. I've been playing with it for a while now and still have not been able to fix the two pcm's that I have. The orange LED is flashing on the V2 I'm convinced that I can fix them but not sure how. When I try to read the calibration, I get this message:

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

That is normal for a controller that failed partway through a reflash. You could continue and read out the calibration but the calibration won't be any good and should never be used.

If you reflash the controller with a known good tune then it should come good.

If it failed during a full-flash then you'll need to full-flash it to recover.
    If it failed during a cal-flash then you'll only need to cal-flash it to recover.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by C450 View Post
    I'm not currently set up for bench programming. I'm trying to flash them while in the truck. Should I build a separate bench harness?
    Yes, it's simple and parts are cheap... and it will save you much grief

( about the only vehicle that does not need a bench harness is the 1999-2002 F-car, it has almost no other modules on the serial bus )

Paul I have good news. I was finally able to get the computer to take a full flash with a known good tune and now the truck runs. Joecar, I ended up buying a bench harness to flash it with. Well worth the money. I've never been able to work on a car from inside the house before. Thank you guys for your help. I really appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12