Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How are some tuners/resellers deleting with EFI Live?

Lifetime Member

I have a handful of guys who want to jump to EFI but I have convinced them to stay with the current custom tuning w/ trans parameters for the very same reason. Some of them are on built trans, would be pointless to return to the stock ~165psi.

You can run 3rd party trans tuning along with tuning efi for engine tuning...pretty easy and many do
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Lifetime Member

We are talking about 4th gen rams. That trick doesn't work.

Using a couple different 3rd party tuning software just to distribute EFI tunes doesn't seem profitable to me. And using a hacked software to do it? Seems like software theft to me.

Lifetime Member

Road, Is that in regards to what Les and myself were just talking about?

I wasn't pointing no finger at anyone. Its obvious that there is autocal's being sold with 4th generation tuning that is not supported with Efi. And its obvious what software is offering trans tuning etc... Then again its obvious those files are being imported into efi and being distributed with efi. Tuners are asking how is this possible with efi when is clearly not supported. No It was not in regards to what you and Les was talking about but was in regards to the topic in general. Tuners are being asked by customers for a tuning service (trans tuning) that is not supported with Efi but it is being offered and distributed with Efi by other tuners and it like we offer the import function but its up to you to figure out all the 3rd party tools required to make it happens. It just appears to be some catering to a select few and top secret info as to how it works.

Respectfully
    Mike

Mike that isn't quite the case, no files are being imported in to EFILive from other tuning packages (though we can import Alientech files for the LML). These Cummins tuners are creating their own .cax file (Calibration Extension file) from information they have gained elsewhere that is loaded on top of what EFILive offers. We have nothing to do with what they add and in fact this system was developed many years ago for GM gas vehicles, it is not Cummins specific.
    Think of it like an app that you would install on your phone, the app (or .cax in this case) is written by a 3rd party company but still used on your phone. They could sell you the .cax and you too would have the trans info, but I don't think anyone would be willing to do that, nor tell you how they figured out the transmission functions.
    I can assure you there is no secret behind the scenes special treatment going on from EFILive, if we knew how the transmission worked we would add in the parameters for everyone which of course means we have also been left in the dark.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So if nothing is being imported into efi how are the stock base Cummins tune file transposed into Efi live format? I thought it was ironic that another tuning software is offering pretty much the same 68RFE tuning but doesn't have the resources to distribute them. Thanks for the info I don't feel so left out now knowing I am not the only one left in the dark.

Mike

As for how tuners are obtaining open base files (eg, not .ctz files) I guess there is a secret underworld thriving and also information sharing on the trans as well.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 24th, 2015 at 04:46 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    As for how tuners are obtaining open base files (eg, not .ctz files) I guess there is a secret underworld thriving and also information sharing on the trans as well.
    I respect the amount of hard work that everyone puts in for us to be able to offer the best for our customer's. Grateful for what we have!

Happy Holidays
    Mike

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast