Thread: e38 6L80E to 4L80E help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I went back to OS 12624402 that came from the factory in this g8. Turning the key does nothing. Jumping the starter relay with the starter relay coil in place so the ECM sees the right amount of resistance just turns the engine over with spark and no fuel pressure. If I do all of that while jumping the fuel pump relay it does start. When it does start, the dash lights up like a christmas tree. The dash also tells me that the engine has been immobilized while it's running fine. I guess that's because the original OS isn't looking for a t42. I have also tried all of this with x1 pin 52 grounded or connected normally. I updated my V2 firmware and 7.5 and 8 tuning and flashing software. I tried applying the VATS patch and full flashing it again. I have tried everything I can find in this forum that has to do with this problem. I really don't know what else to do. One of the guys I know that has HPT keeps telling me to buy him the credits and he will fix my vats problem. When he reads the tune HPT says that vats is enabled. It seems like the two pieces of software go about disabling vats in different ways so that might not mean anything. If anyone can help point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008 pontiac G8 4L80E codes.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	23237g8 tune 0_0002.ctz

I just tried a 2008 Vette 6 speed OS because I saw that it worked for someone else. This time, the fuel pump gets power without jumping anything. I did the vats patch and full flash with all the other options that go along with it. Nothing much happens when I turn the key. When I jump the starter relay it does start for a second or two and then dies. That sounds more like a vats problem to me. The display on the dash still shows park, reverse, neutral and drive correctly."FIN" I have an alternate theory that this is related to the COVID 19 outbreak. If the car is infected, will a full flash fix the problem? I'm having trouble finding any PIDs to do with viral infections. Should that car be using a specific kind of intake filter for screening out viruses? I haven't taken it to any strange gas pumps. I live in Florida and we are currently under "lockdown". My family and I have everything we need but we are going a little stir crazy. Due to the alcohol shortage I learned how to LS1B (P59) swap a makeshift distillation rig. I'm using the fan control output and a coolant temp sensor to regulate a hot plate under "THE STILL". I'm able to datalog the still's temp and it's very consistent. I'm not really sure how much ignition timing this thing wants but so far I'm not seeing any detonation. I also have a 2 bar map sensor installed so that If I build more that a few kpa of pressure it kills the heat. Has anyone made a cax file for still protection mode?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nobody has any ideas?