Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning/68rfe questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Adjust shift and lockup tables up and down till it feels like what you want, nothing more to it. Everyone has their own preferences and desires of how it shifts and lockups, really all boils down to personal preferences
    I was more curious about the deltas some are using between upshifts and downshifts. Also curious about semi locked conditions others are using.

Quote Originally Posted by JtRenegade View Post
    I have a couple of them, I'd be glad to share.
    Thanks JT!!! I can't seem to PM you or post my email here without admin approval. Must be related to my new guy status.

hogan.thomas -at- outlook dot com

I'll shoot you an email when I have my tuning laptop with me. Should be later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JtRenegade View Post
    I'll shoot you an email when I have my tuning laptop with me. Should be later tonight.
    Awesome!!! Thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K24Madness View Post
    I was more curious about the deltas some are using between upshifts and downshifts. Also curious about semi locked conditions others are using.
    Basically ignore the partial lock to full lock and full lock to partial lock tables, only need to adjust the unlock to partial and partial to unlock. Again, transmission tuning is highly subjective. Personally I prefer full lock upshifts, clutch slip times turned down, delays removed, more aggressive pressure gains and many other things you don’t see in EFILive and I run higher pressure with a valve body build to take higher pressure

Basically ignore the partial lock to full lock and full lock to partial lock tables, only need to adjust the unlock to partial and partial to unlock. Again, transmission tuning is highly subjective. Personally I prefer full lock upshifts, clutch slip times turned down, delays removed, more aggressive pressure gains and many other things you don’t see in EFILive and I run higher pressure with a valve body build to take higher pressure
    What do you usually adjust for the higher pressure? I just installed a valve body with billet channel plate to handle higher pressures.

I have my max pressure for shifts set at 225psi and the max pressure in gear and lockup set at 225psi, pretty certain I raised negative slip control pressure as well

I am thinking a VB is a must before I start. Otherwise raising pressures become dicey. Without raising pressures I might not achieve the results I want.

On the other hand what I am really after is delayed shifts so I don't find myself lugging the engine a low RPM's so much.

I didn't realize there's other platforms beside HP Tuners and EFI live for trans tuning. To be honest I'd rather not have to tune it myself but being locked out of my own ECU is a deal breaker for me. I got a lot of enjoyment out of tuning my Audi S6 with Dyno Spectrum/Tuner Studio and I plan to do the same with my truck. I always err on the conservative side if things power wise. I focus on drivability and eager/responsive tunes. Not looking to get into the 9's like some of those other Audi guys.

Pressure increase is only for tighter clamping pressure on clutches, it’s not gonna do anything for shift speed, that’s a whole other hidden realm in parameters but you can bump up pressure to 170psi and be fine.

For later shifts you only need to raise the upshift cells till it shifts when you want it to. It uses a factor of 32 so whatever number you put in for output shaft rpm should be evenly divisible by 32, anything inbetween doesn’t exist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast