Thread: 2007 C6 Z06 idle surge and bucking-New to me

Lifetime Member

Default 2007 C6 Z06 idle surge and bucking-New to me

I could use some help on a new to me car. It's a 2007 Z06. Unknown cam but it's healthy by the sound of it, was told "stage 3", heads were fixed/upgraded, full bolt-ons like intake and long tubes, NPP exhaust, etc. The car pulls hard, but the low speed/low rpm drivability is pretty lousy. It'll even surge or bump at speed at anything below 2000 rpms. This is my first time messing with an E38 ECU. I noticed the car is pulling max negative STFT's at low speeds so I'm putting a wideband on the car and redoing the MAF as the tune it came with is CL MAF only no LT's. The tune below is the existing tune with some tweaks that I made as the timing tables were commanding massive timing at low speed low RPM. It idle and drives better than before the changes I made, but still not great and the cold start is worse.

The OL tune I attached is the latest tune Im going to try while forcing the car into open loop. I've read through the below massive E38 idle tuning and still confused on some aspects about getting it to behave better.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...8-idle-tuning/

If anyone has thoughts on issues with the tune files or can highlight errors it would be helpful. Thanks in advance and I know I need some longer/better logs, but this is what I have for the moment.

Lifetime Member

Here are some logs from the above OL tune that also matched the min idle airflow with what the MAF was measuring....surging/bucking was significantly better while driving. You'll see some surging still on a cold start log (file number 3) and there's a slight oscillation on the warm idle (log number 4). I was playing with the adaptives in log number 4, but it's definitely something in the idle tune related to spark as you can see the drops in timing. Some input would be appreciated. I'm going in the right direction, but looking for some help.
    Attached Files Attached Files