Thread: LM1 doesnt match EFI Live

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    Are you using the LC-1 as output to both LM1 and EFILive? If so, are you sure the outputs are programmed correctly?

Yes using it for both. Thats what I am asking. I never noticed it before on my old laptop but on this new one it seems to be getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker
    Yes using it for both. Thats what I am asking. I never noticed it before on my old laptop but on this new one it seems to be getting worse.
    There is a tread here some where about altering the calc for voltage offset using a "voltage offset spreadsheet".

Mine was off with the std calc in EFI, after altering calc it matches perfectly.

Definatly trust the LM1 readout over EFI and make sure you do a free air calibration, preferably with sensor out of exhaust and engine running with a few revs so voltage from charging system is where it would be when logging .

Do you know what your voltage offset is? It’s extremely hard not to get a voltage offset between your WBO2 and Flashscan.

I setup my LC-1’d 2nd analogue output to push 2v no matter what the AFR is, on Flashscan that comes in at 1.97V so I use in my calculations to correct the voltage offset to get my correct AFR reading in Flashscan.

I posted how I fixed the voltage offset on this topic> http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1530&page=3
    Quote Originally Posted by bK
    LC-1 is wired in and working perfect..... Well almost perfect it's got the slightest ground offset of 0.03. I've worked this out from changing analogue 2 output to a flat line of 2V at 10:1 and 20:1 AFR. The reading I get from the Flashscan is 1.97V.

So to get my the calculation for correct Wideband AFR to work perfectly I need to modify the SAE_GENERIC.txt from:
    ({EXT.AD1}*3)+7.35 TO
    (({EXT.AD1}+0.03)*3)+7.35
    Last edited by bK; December 18th, 2006 at 11:26 AM.
    Chassis by Holden
    Engine by Chev
    PCM modified by Flashscan
    Cam by Comp Cams

Quote Originally Posted by bK
    I setup my LC-1’d 2nd analogue output to push 3v no matter what the AFR is, on Flashscan that comes in a 2.98V so I use in my calculations to correct the voltage offset to get my correct AFR reading in Flashscan.
    That's a good suggestion! Maybe this should be added to the LC-1 install how-to ... .02V already can make a difference ... not much, but it's a way to trouble-shoot the install before you even get started with tuning ... if somebody comes up with - like 1V off of what it's supposed to be, I recon it's time to check the cabling ... Maybe though one should use the output that's supposed to be used later for the EFI input be set to a fixed value, that way any variances on the side of the LC-1 can be outruled ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)