Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with LC-1

Default Help with LC-1

Man can someone here help me with my LC-1 (7wire Bosch LSU 4.2)?
    I installed it according to the Quick start guide , red to 12V, blue to ground , green/white wires to other ground same source , hooked up the LED and switch and grounded it as well .
    Tried to calibrate nothing happended , figured out that if you unhook the white wire (system ground) the unit tries to calibrate .
    Purchased from sponsor Green Light Motorsport on this site.
    Last edited by Chevy366; November 23rd, 2006 at 03:50 PM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Chad is really good at helping folks out with the LC-1. Also, you might want to read over the LC1 tutorial - from the scan or tune tool, Help -> Tutorials -> LC-1 Installation Tutorial.pdf

Check your grounds. They are really funny with a LC1. Where do you have them grounded to?

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    Check your grounds. They are really funny with a LC1. Where do you have them grounded to?
    I have them grounded inside the truck under the dash to a plate that is attached to the body , I think that is the ECU or some other electronic component bracket behind the OBDII port , I ran a wire outside to the engine block for both green/white and blue wires , still nothing .
    I used the LogsWorks software to check the LC-1 cable , can program but no data .
    I have read and read and read , I read for almost a week before I tried installing .
    Was confident that it would go off without a hitch , guess what .
    I think it is the cable , it never reacted as stated in all the documentation , with all wires connected red to 12V , white/green to ground , blue to ground but not at same lug as green/white , black to LED red , red LED to black switch , black LED to black switch to ground , LED never flashed , only if you removed the white wire from the ground point would it flash .
    I had my laptop with me and read the tutorial and the .pdf as I was installing , read the quick start guide , have a EVDO card so read post also , read , read .

Will check grounds again .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

try setting it up per the tutorial.

As folks are saying, with the LC-1's the most important thing is a good reliable ground. Run a wire directly to the engine block. That is the best ground.

Did the sensor calibrate at all at start-up ?

One other thing you may want to do is re-seat the sensor wire plug into the LC-1. Good ground then give her another try.

Jim
    Last edited by highperf; November 24th, 2006 at 09:10 AM.
    2004 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red on Red M6
    CAI Inc. CAI|CAGS Tune Elim.|3.91 Gears|Harrop Diff. Cover|SLP Sway Bar|04 SAP|AMW Catch Can|Raptor Shift Light|Nitto 555DR's|Kooks 1-7/8 LT's HPC Coated|Dual Innovate LC-1 Widebands |TexClutch | GMM Ripshift |Hurst Line Lock|

Quote Originally Posted by highperf
    Sounds like the LC-1 is powered and operating since you can connect and configure it with LogWorks.

As folks are saying, with the LC-1's the most important thing is a good reliable ground. Run a wire directly to the engine block. That is the best ground.

One other thing you may want to do is re-seat the sensor wire plug into the LC-1. Good ground then give her another try.

Jim
    I theroy , but can't calibrate , can not read data with LogWorks , ran ground tried several different places on block , body , does not matter , un pluged turned switch on 20 , 10 seconds , done tutorial , pdf , you name it I have tried it , no success .
    Got to be a faulty LC-1 , nothing works and has not from the start , I could see it if it worked for a short while then quit , but the unit has never worked period .
    I am not an Idiot when comes to cars have been working on cars for over 20 years , mechanical and electrical , but can't wire a LC-1 cable .
    I have to admit some of this is new to me but wiring is wiring , red wire is red wire , explain to me why when the white wire (system ground) is grounded nothing works ?
    Last edited by Chevy366; November 24th, 2006 at 09:32 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

It's possible it's faulty. Sometimes if the ground isn't good from the start you can burn the LC-1 out. But with these things if the ground isn't right they'll just won't want to work.

No matter either way Innovate is great and they'll stand behind it.

For peace of mind you can contact Innovate they'll replace it pretty quick.

Also when you disconnect that white wire, it's likely flashing an error not trying to calibrate.

Jim
    Last edited by highperf; November 24th, 2006 at 09:21 AM.
    2004 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red on Red M6
    CAI Inc. CAI|CAGS Tune Elim.|3.91 Gears|Harrop Diff. Cover|SLP Sway Bar|04 SAP|AMW Catch Can|Raptor Shift Light|Nitto 555DR's|Kooks 1-7/8 LT's HPC Coated|Dual Innovate LC-1 Widebands |TexClutch | GMM Ripshift |Hurst Line Lock|

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    I theroy , but can't calibrate , can not read data with LogWorks , ran ground tried several different places on block , body , does not matter , un pluged turned switch on 20 , 10 seconds , done tutorial , pdf , you name it I have tried it , no success .
    Got to be a faulty LC-1 , nothing works and has not from the start , I could see it if it worked for a short while then quit , but the unit has never worked period .
    I am not an Idiot when comes to cars have been working on cars for over 20 years , mechanical and electrical , but can't wire a LC-1 cable .
    I have to admit some of this is new to me but wiring is wiring , red wire is red wire , explain to me why when the white wire (system ground) is grounded nothing works ?
    I was thinking the same thing while I got my ass kicked by an LC-1

The tutorial is about as accurate an install you can get. IF you followed the tutorial to a T and it still don't work, then I would suspect a faulty chingaso somewhere.

I originally had some minor problems, but after cleaning up the ground links, my LC-1 worked fine ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast