Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with LC-1

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    I was thinking the same thing while I got my ass kicked by an LC-1

The tutorial is about as accurate an install you can get. IF you followed the tutorial to a T and it still don't work, then I would suspect a faulty chingaso somewhere.
    So I have joined a elite club then ?
    Let me ask it like this then , do the green and white wires need to be connected for a free air calibration to occur ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Yes ground them. Ground'em all ground the whole da** lot of'em

Then give it a try

Jim
    2004 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red on Red M6
    CAI Inc. CAI|CAGS Tune Elim.|3.91 Gears|Harrop Diff. Cover|SLP Sway Bar|04 SAP|AMW Catch Can|Raptor Shift Light|Nitto 555DR's|Kooks 1-7/8 LT's HPC Coated|Dual Innovate LC-1 Widebands |TexClutch | GMM Ripshift |Hurst Line Lock|

Well found out some things out , the black calibration wire should have a pluse of 0 to 5v , mine don't , so with out the calibration working the LC-1 is useless .
    I also learned that if the brown or yellow wire touch anything the LC-1 dies .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Do you have a serial to usb converter? If so which brand? Furthermore, did you power up the LC-1 controller without the sensor connected at first? Essentially forcing a heater calibration, that needs to take place prior to the free air cal. If I misunderstood you and you did try to monitor the start up / warm up / heater / free air cals via the serial output (with serial to usb conveter- as most laptops today only have usb) as viewed in LogWorks on your laptop then I apologize. When is Innovate going to upgrade the old serial out to usb anyways? At any rate, how are you coming along?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Do you have a serial to usb converter? If so which brand? Furthermore, did you power up the LC-1 controller without the sensor connected at first? Essentially forcing a heater calibration, that needs to take place prior to the free air cal. If I misunderstood you and you did try to monitor the start up / warm up / heater / free air cals via the serial output (with serial to usb conveter- as most laptops today only have usb) as viewed in LogWorks on your laptop then I apologize. When is Innovate going to upgrade the old serial out to usb anyways? At any rate, how are you coming along?
    Yes to USB to serial converter , Radio Shack version .
    Yes powered LC-1 without sensor attached .
    No did not try to monitor heater, free air calibration , with laptop .
    At this point I have given up , without calibrations the unit is useless , so going to contact Innovate and see what they say .
    I did check the ground point I selected it is fine , I did hook up to laptop and got readings both with LogWorks and EFILive but where way off due to not being able to calibrate .
    Again the only way I can get any response from the calibration process from the LC-1 is to remove the White unit or system ground , not suppose to have to do that , I checked the Black calibration wire with a Ohm meter and it reads 0.083 most volts shown .
    I have checked the LED and it stil functions correctly , and so does the switch .
    Oh and thanks for asking how it is going .
    2006 Trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    Yes to USB to serial converter , Radio Shack version .
    Yes powered LC-1 without sensor attached .
    No did not try to monitor heater, free air calibration , with laptop .
    At this point I have given up , without calibrations the unit is useless , so going to contact Innovate and see what they say .
    I did check the ground point I selected it is fine , I did hook up to laptop and got readings both with LogWorks and EFILive but where way off due to not being able to calibrate .
    Again the only way I can get any response from the calibration process from the LC-1 is to remove the White unit or system ground , not suppose to have to do that , I checked the Black calibration wire with a Ohm meter and it reads 0.083 most volts shown .
    I have checked the LED and it stil functions correctly , and so does the switch .
    Oh and thanks for asking how it is going .
    tunedbyGM, At this point you may just want to contact Innovate. Try the Innovate forum. If they even think you have a faulty unit they'll you have send it in they will replace it. quicker than spit. Just tell them at this point you just can't trust it.

Jim
    CAI Inc. CAI|CAGS Tune Elim.|3.91 Gears|Harrop Diff. Cover|SLP Sway Bar|04 SAP|AMW Catch Can|Raptor Shift Light|Nitto 555DR's|Kooks 1-7/8 LT's HPC Coated|Dual Innovate LC-1 Widebands |TexClutch | GMM Ripshift |Hurst Line Lock|

Measure the voltage between the LC-1 red and blue wires, make sure it is better than 12V.

Quote Originally Posted by highperf
    tunedbyGM, At this point you may just want to contact Innovate. Try the Innovate forum. If they even think you have a faulty unit they'll you have send it in they will replace it. quicker than spit. Just tell them at this point you just can't trust it.

Jim
    I called and spoke with Felipe , I belive his name was , and he walked me through the calibration process , ascertained that the LC-1 was bad , RMA process started .
    When doing calibration it did the heater , then would not do free air , kept flashing 20.9 then cailbrating on and off , Felipe thouhgt maybe it was because the black wire was grounded but it was not , said he had not seen this behavor before and wanted to RMA it .
    Man if I had known about the LogWorks being able to watch the calibration process it would have made things alot easier . Thanks "Doc" , Felipe had me do it that way .
    I wish Innovate would have included that little tid bit of info in their Quick Start Guide (hint , hint ) !
    2006 Trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    I called and spoke with Felipe , I belive his name was , and he walked me through the calibration process , ascertained that the LC-1 was bad , RMA process started .
    When doing calibration it did the heater , then would not do free air , kept flashing 20.9 then cailbrating on and off , Felipe thouhgt maybe it was because the black wire was grounded but it was not , said he had not seen this behavor before and wanted to RMA it .
    Man if I had known about the LogWorks being able to watch the calibration process it would have made things alot easier . Thanks "Doc" , Felipe had me do it that way .
    I wish Innovate would have included that little tid bit of info in their Quick Start Guide (hint , hint ) !
    Yeah, Sorry I didn't catch that and suggest it. I find the Logworks software very helpfull. I have had my LC-1's for some time and the Logworks that was delivered with my version of LC-1's actually didn't work with them. I got a non GA copy from Klaus and got by with that.

Once you get over this hurdle you'll love them.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by highperf
    Yeah, Sorry I didn't catch that and suggest it. I find the Logworks software very helpfull. I have had my LC-1's for some time and the Logworks that was delivered with my version of LC-1's actually didn't work with them. I got a non GA copy from Klaus and got by with that.

Once you get over this hurdle you'll love them.

Jim
    Yeah , knowledge is power , and I have more now than before .
    LogWorks is the way to calibrate the LC-1 .
    From what I have seen with EFILive and a LC-1 this is a great way to tune , AutoVE and tune away .

Thanks everyone for the help !
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12