Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS1 to LS2 motor change

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    The IFR rate should be correctly changed. I would not add 40 %. Use one of the Excel spreadsheets to figure it out. Its a constant value that should not be touched after it is recalculated.
    TAQuickness posted this Excel spreadsheet and my 40% increase settings are real close to these numbers. I just did the math and 42 is 40% larger than 30.
    [quote=Redline Motorsports]I assume the larger the number = the shorter the dwell time of the injector and as the manifold vacuum decreases (WOT) the lesser injector flow number actually richens the afr.
    Or am I thinking backwards?
    I have had very good luck in getting the 90mm TB's to work by changing B4349 to .0157 to tell the PCM the effective throttle area has changed.
    My B4349 is now 0.025497, is that a correct number for the stock throttle body?

The table B3618 - what settings would you start with?
    Dick Abbott

Make sure your IFR table is correct and not just "close enough". The IFR table serves as the one known costant in your tune. A discrepancy as little as 1-2% in the IFR table is enough to skew an entire tune.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Make sure your IFR table is correct and not just "close enough". The IFR table serves as the one known costant in your tune. A discrepancy as little as 1-2% in the IFR table is enough to skew an entire tune.
    Thanks for the Excel IFR tables.
    My tables have been skewed by different tuners. If I use the values in the spreadsheet should I be correct?
    Dick Abbott

If you use your actual fuel pressure, the IFR table will be very accurate and serve as the base for the rest of your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    If you use your actual fuel pressure, the IFR table will be very accurate and serve as the base for the rest of your tune.
    You already know TA, but my VE table has changed shape along with the IFR table slope as a result of the fuel pressure stuff... I don't view VE in % but it is not more realistic values in that table in both high and low areas
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

If you are using a LS2 block the knock sensors and the cam sensor are different for starters. You can buy a conversion harness from Casper Electronics http://www.casperselectronics.com/

The IFR rate should be correctly changed. I would not add 40 %. Use one of the Excel spreadsheets to figure it out. Its a constant value that should not be touched after it is recalculated.

I have had very good luck in getting the 90mm TB's to work by changing B4349 to .0157 to tell the PCM the effective throttle area has changed.

Set the coolant fans as well and you should be OK to get it moving!

Howard
    when you did this on ETC cars, were you able to see the throttle blade open to 100% @WOT. Also when you ran a log, at idle, were you shoing between 0 and 10% throttle. On mine, I have the LS2 90 MM throttle body and 02's tac module to command it. and have had the ongoing problem that the blade only opens physically about 85-90% but says 100% in the computer, also at idle, i stay at about 16-24%. (I also noticed my fuel trim numbers going nuts with the throttle position for some reason, but i think that is another problem)

Redline Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by PladdPezzPunk
    when you did this on ETC cars, were you able to see the throttle blade open to 100% @WOT. Also when you ran a log, at idle, were you shoing between 0 and 10% throttle. On mine, I have the LS2 90 MM throttle body and 02's tac module to command it. and have had the ongoing problem that the blade only opens physically about 85-90% but says 100% in the computer, also at idle, i stay at about 16-24%. (I also noticed my fuel trim numbers going nuts with the throttle position for some reason, but i think that is another problem)
    That is 100 % normal to see log values of 0-10% at idle. I believe that they self adjust upon startup to know that its at idle. How are you confirming that the throttle is at 100%?? I always thought the car had to be running to obtain full control of the blade......

What is the actual problem that is causing you to look into this? Sounds normal to me with a ETC.

The trims sound like they are just responding to air changes when you move the throttle...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12