Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems! Car won't start!!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRU SS N
    I'm downloading the current software, is there anything I need to do special that isn't in the instructions that come with the software? I'll try that and see if that helps out any.

Thanks, Brian
    Nothing special. When you start the reflash process, EFILive will detect that the calibration is missing or incomplete and just show you a warning so that you know. Then just continue reflashing the vehicle as you would normally.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I was able to get the laptop to read the data in the cable so they are communicating.

The LED that flashes on the cable when it is connected to the ALDL is the mem LED. Is that the correct one?

I just downloaded version 3.3(haven't been home yet to try it), but I was wondering if it will be able to connect to the PCM because my software now won't connect at all. Does it have an extra feature that version 3 doesn't have that allows communication with a dead-poll pcm?

Thanks a lot, Brian

The LED that flashes on the cable when it is connected to the ALDL is the mem LED. Is that the correct one?
    No, the OBD LED must be flashing to indicate dead-poll.

Regards
    Paul

I think that obd led and another green one were flashing when I would turn on the ignition, but not when the ignition was off.

I think that obd led and another green one were flashing when I would turn on the ignition, but not when the ignition was off.
    When a PCM is operating normally and you switch on the iginition, it will send/receive a burst of meesages as it communicates with all the other module sin your vehicle. That will cause the OBD LED to flash randomly for about 10-15 seconds. After that most of the messages will subside and the OBD LED will flash irregularly.

When a PCM is in "dead-poll" mode and you switch on the iginition, the OBD LED will flash a constant 4 flashses per second and only 4 flashes per second.

Regardless, EFILive should be able to reprogram the PCM which ever mode it is in. Can you try connecting up FlashScan to another vehicle and clickint he [Status] button in the PCM Read window? Just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the FlashScan unit itself.

Regards
    Paul

Ok, I'll try that when I get home from work. I was also wondering if I can reflash my 99 f-body pcm with the 2002 z06 operating system and use that computer to get the vette going. I would need to buy the upgrade to commercial then though.

Also I want to think the obd LED kept on flashing very fast the whole time the ignition was on

I was also wondering if I can reflash my 99 f-body pcm with the 2002 z06 operating system and use that computer to get the vette going. I would need to buy the upgrade to commercial then though.
    Yes, you can. As you said, you;d need the Commercial version, which is a $50 upgrade available here:
    http://www.efilive.com/c-19-efilive-...-personal.aspx

But, I still think you will be able to recover the other PCM.

Regards
    Paul

When I do click on the status button in the pcm read window what am I looking for?

I don't know if it tells you that the flashscan is OK since it retrieved the data about the 2 vins in the flashscan.

Also I want to think the obd LED kept on flashing very fast the whole time the ignition was on if that tells us anything

See images:

The first one shows what you should see after clicking on the [Status] button when a healthy PCM is connected.

The second one shows what happens if you disconnect the cables while re-flashing the PCM.

The third ones shows what you should see after clicking on the [Status] button when a "dead-poll" PCM is connected.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	healthy-pcm.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	1445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	failed-flash.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	1446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dead-poll.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	1447  

When I do all that it still tries to act like it can't connect to the vehicle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast