Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Couple question before I get started

Connect an AA battery across FlashScan and see if FlashScan says the same voltage as a DMM says.

Where do I connect the battery on FlashScan?
    Ira thinks it might be software so I'm going to follow his steps as well. He's having me delete EFIlive and re-install it.
    AFR 205 heads, Mamo Ported FAST 90, 238/240 cam, 347 forged SB, 9 inch 3.89, 11x18 z07 wheels, svo 30, racetronix.
    You name it: all the bells and whistles

http://www.fquick.com/99SS

You have V1...

Measure voltage of battery using DMM/voltmeter;
    Then connect battery + to C and battery - to D, check what {EXT.AD2} says;
    Then connect battery + to E and battery - to D, check what {EXT.AD1} says;
    Compare all 3 values.

Yes, I would do as Ira said, then repeat above test.

Ok followed Ira's instructions and I'll post the log. I havent tried the battery test yet, the log is interesting enough. I dont have anything connected to annalog 1 and 2 but they show 2.5

also the intake temp and coolant temp read -40 before in hit the read button to log. When I hit the button and start logging it goes to correct temp. The misfire counts are now normal for a big cam however. Something is still not right with the fs unit I think.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 99ss; September 21st, 2007 at 03:57 PM.
    AFR 205 heads, Mamo Ported FAST 90, 238/240 cam, 347 forged SB, 9 inch 3.89, 11x18 z07 wheels, svo 30, racetronix.

With connection absent, 2.5V is the middle of the range, that is ok and is not a problem (and that's what I see on mine).

(it has to do with pullup/pulldown resistors "defaulting" an absent input signal to some voltage value,
    if the resistors are equal valued, then the default voltage value will be the middle of the range).

Log_0003startup looks better, but... still doesn't "feel" right.

ECT climbs and IAT shows ambient (both look sensible).

Log some other pids so we can see if they are following normal behaviour.

Is your laptop connected to vehicle...?
    Is your laptop powered by vehicle...?

When you hit record button, temp values (and probably other pids) jump from -40 to correct value... something is still not good with ground connection (or something) thru DLC port, FlashScan and vehicle; is your wideband connected (did you see any of this before your wideband was connected)...?

I wasnt logging before. The wideband was connected first. I'll add the VSS pid in there and see what it shows. If its normal I'll take it for a ride. The laptop is plugged in via ac cord to the garage when I'm logging in the driveway. I have an inverter I was thinking about hooking up for power on the road. I dont trust the laptop battery all that much.

Some people have found ground offset problems when powering laptop from vehicle, so if you do do this, sanity check by comparing with and without vehicle power to laptop.

More info: I found the long with standing TPS issue that kept throwing the p0121 code. I measure resistance on the circuit and found that the ground for the TPS signal has like 20ohms so there is an issue with it. I'm going to run a new wire from the pin to the sensor (instead of taking the intake off to chase the current wire) to take care of it.

That ground couldnt be causing the issue with the -40 values could it? I havent had time to do record anymore logs yet, but will do so as soon as I can.

Question ... after is warms up it wants to run lean ..like 15.3-15.8 just at idle. How can I correct that? Its 12.2 at startup WOT and part throttle is ok, not lean, maybe a little rich but not to bad. Ok enough to drive easy and log some.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast