Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No license after full flash!

Default No license after full flash!

I was just about ready to send my PCM in to have it fixed after I thought it had been fryed when I decided to put it back into my car (2000 z28) and try to reflash it one last time. To my supprise it worked! I was very happy until I went to flash in my cusom tune (I just reflashed my stocker back in). It said that my pcm was not licensed to that pcm anymore! I know that it is licensed because I was flashing a tune into it when I messed it up and started this whole thing. Could I have somehow re-written a different pcm ID or something into it when it was recoverd? This whole Camaro tuning thing has been a nightmare!

BB00,

Welcome to the forum...

I pm'd Tech Support.

Joe

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Can you take a look at the Help->FlashScan V2 VIN licensing or the Help->FlashScan V1 PCM licensing window depending on which type of FlashScan unit you have.

Write down the used licenses as they appear in that window - or take a screen shot and send those license details to me at paul@efilive.com

Also, please provide the FlashScan serial and Auth code as per this thread:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5790

I can then figure out what went wrong and if the problem was caused by EFILive, we will replace the license for you.

Include the link to this thread so I can correlate your email to this thread.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Just out of interest, when you said you thought it had been fried, was it not working for a period of time?

That can happen if the input voltage exceeds certain thresholds. There are fuses inside FlashScan that will trip and the reset automatically once the over-voltage condition has ceased. However they reset in just a few seconds so if it was not working for longer than a few seconds then there may be a fault that needs repairing.

Regards
    Paul

I sent you an E-mail with all the info you requested. Thanks for the help!

If you have two PCMs for one vehicle that will require two VIN licenses.
    A VIN license is locked to a specific controller, not to a specific vehicle.

Regards
    Paul

I know each PCM requires a license, but no where did i say that i was trying to program a pcm other than my stock one (already licensed). As i mentioned in my email one license is for my duramax and one is for my camaro. Did you find anything out with the information i sent you?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Bizcut00 View Post
    I know each PCM requires a license, but no where did i say that i was trying to program a pcm other than my stock one (already licensed). As i mentioned in my email one license is for my duramax and one is for my camaro. Did you find anything out with the information i sent you?
    Not sure what has happened outside of the forum with the Emails between you and Paul but he is away all weekend, you should hear from him by Sunday night US time.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Any body have this problem before? I would like to know if i am SOL or what? I really want to be driving my car soon!

There was a version of the software that accidentally got released with a flaw the reset the PCM SN to all 0's requiring a new license to fix. Sound like that's probably what happened to you. I'm sure the EFILive guys will get you taken care of as soon as they get back into the office
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast