Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: BB Logging beta update: May 19, 2008

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L View Post
    To update the firmware the unit must be in dead poll

For a step by step read this:

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/efilive_fir...structions.htm

Hope it helps.
    Well, as is usually the case for me with these upgrades, I get screwed up.

I don't know exactly how, but I guess it is done. Thanks.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SOMhaveit View Post
    Well, as is usually the case for me with these upgrades, I get screwed up.

I don't know exactly how, but I guess it is done. Thanks.
    When you say "I guess it is done" do you mean the upgrade completed and FlashScan is now working normally, or do you mean FlashScan is still in deadpoll?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

It isn't in dead poll anymore but it isn't working properly. I got the boot block and firmware upgraded but my software and computer are not communicating with flashscan now. When I try to pull up the firmware info it comes up with nothing and when I open my tuning software now I go to demo mode when the V2 is plugged in.

Lifetime Member

I had a feeling it was a bad idea for me to do this.

After the bootblock upgrade, you can no longer use the EFILive Firmware Programmer software. you must now use the EFILive_Explorer.exe program, found in the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Explorer.

When you run EFILive_Explorer.exe and view the [Firmware] tab page, what values do you see for the boot block date and version, and the firmware date and version.

If EFILive_Explorer can't retrieve that info, can you please locate that info via the on screen options in FlashScan.

P.S. Have you read the ReadMe_First.pdf file that is in the zipped file that you downloaded? It explains the upgrade process in detail.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

I installed this release on my home Dell laptop (Inspiron 600m) which I am loaning to one of my friends who also has the EFI Live V2, and I am noticing a bit of an oddity with the license "add" button which is not happening on my other laptop (Dell Latitude D810) or my desktop PC.

When he added a new VIN license to his V2 and clicked the "Add" button, the first time, it didn't do anything, so he clicked on it again, and received two message boxes. For some reason it is eating the first mouse click. I tried using bogus values for the It is not doing this on either my 810 or my desktop. He tried installing debugging software on the laptop, but couldn't trace the problem any further because he didn't have the symbol definitions for one of the drivers, so said, screw them, they can fix their own software.

All 3 are running XP Pro SP2, and as far as I can tell, the mouse properties are the same, a fairly fresh install with no extra fancy mouse icons, and it is only the "Add" button that is doing this. Both other computers, when you click on the "Add" button, the cursor turns to the busy icon, then you get the ERROR, Can not add license message box. On this laptop, the cursor doesn't change at all after the first click, and after you click the second time, you get the busy icon, then two message boxes.

The only othe thing I am wondering, is I think that this laptop might have USB 1.1 instead of 2.0 like the othe computers I have.

Anyone else run into this, or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by nevinsb View Post
    When he added a new VIN license to his V2 and clicked the "Add" button, the first time, it didn't do anything, so he clicked on it again, and received two message boxes.
    That sounds strange, I've not heard of that happening before.

There is a problem on some Windows configurations (mostly Vista, but it has happened on XP before), where a dialog box will open behind the main EFILive window. You can't see the dialog box so it looks like nothing happened. If you Alt-Tab at that point you may get it to re-appear. Try doing that after the first mouse click appears to do nothing.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    After the bootblock upgrade, you can no longer use the EFILive Firmware Programmer software. you must now use the EFILive_Explorer.exe program, found in the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Explorer.

When you run EFILive_Explorer.exe and view the [Firmware] tab page, what values do you see for the boot block date and version, and the firmware date and version.

If EFILive_Explorer can't retrieve that info, can you please locate that info via the on screen options in FlashScan.

P.S. Have you read the ReadMe_First.pdf file that is in the zipped file that you downloaded? It explains the upgrade process in detail.

Regards
    Paul
    Idid use EFILive_Explorer.exe.

EFILive_Explorer can no longer retrieve the boot block data and version or the firmware date and version.

I did download, print, and fully read and follow the ReadMe pdf.

The zipped files did not seem to load where they were intended. They went to a temporary IE file.

My flashscan now just fires up with a center blue light and EFILive Flashscan V2 on the screen - won't do anything else - no on screen options.

Lifetime Member

OK. I went through the whole deal again, going into dead poll, etc. I still have boot block 2.05.04 dated Oct. 16, 2007 and I have Firmware 2.05.17 dated Apr. 25, 2008.

My bootblock is not updating even though EFILive_Explorer indicates that a successful update has occurred. Do I need to go back to V2.04.72 firmware to be able to upgrade boot block?

Lifetime Member

"ALL *.pmm files have been updated. you MUST delete ALL *.pmm files from FlashScan (before upgrading the firmware) and from the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\config (before unzipping the downloaded zip file). Failure to do so will cause unpredictable results when you restart FlashScan after updating the firmware to 2.05.17(0519)."

Is this part of the problem? Exactly how does one do this?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast