Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Afr spikes in BBL only

Also, what is the peak value of the spike? Looks like it's going off the chart a bit.

While Blacky is sorting the trace file, would you have an opportunity to swap PLX devices
    Serial cables
    V2's
    with the other guy that was having the spiking issue? I'd like to see if the proble follow's the PLX or the cable.

TA the other guys issues was with a techedge 2 unit.... the values are going to 25 afr, and the WO2ST1 pid changes form Lamba to unkown when it spikes to 25. Jezzab when he first saw it commented that it looked like the PLX was losing power...

Once again i said in return .... only does it in BBL serial.. put it into pass threw or analog and all is okay.... I noticed that the pass threw AFR line holds a much smother look about it... where as in the bbl mode it is very very jaged... dont know if this means anything...

I am sort of getting to the point of just putting it back to analog and leave it alone... to hard basket is what it feels like at the moment..
    I ate my bowl of Aussie rice for dessert, Main course was imported rice...

When in passthru mode, how is the laptop being powered...?

I'm suspecting there may be something marginal about your cable or the PLX device that the laptop is absorbing while in passthru mode.

Do you have the means to construct a new cable?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I can clearly see the faulty data.

I think the problem occurs when FlashScan is writing logged data to its internal memory. (Which does not happen in pass-through mode)

Are you using an SD card to log data? If not, can you try that please.

Also can you please try selecting the "Display data" instead of "Record data" and monitor the WO2 PID to see if it shows any spikes.
    If it does, please sop the display and save the trace file.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

swingtan

I was talking to Alian last night and had a look through his latest log. There was still evidence of WB issues with the log data, though it was a little different.

With the log file I saw, the WB data would regularly flat line before continuing on again. there were a few spikes, both rich and lean. The spikes in this case only occurred after a time of the WB data flat lining. My thoughts on this are...

1. Intermittent power supplied to the WB controller.
    2. Intermittent connection in the WB controller to sensor cable.
    3. Intermittent connection in the WB controller to V2 serial cable.

Of course that doesn't explain why the data seems fine in pass-through mode, unless there is some sort of filtering that occurs in pass-through that id not applied in BBL mode.

Is there any chance that the A/D filter settings get applied to the serial data when in pass through, but not in BBL?

All that being said, I'm running a TE unit with the V2 and have only had issues with intermittent connections. Never any interfacing issues.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Of course that doesn't explain why the data seems fine in pass-through mode, unless there is some sort of filtering that occurs in pass-through that id not applied in BBL mode.
    Filtering is applied to A/D inputs as per the ADFilter setting in FlashScan.
    Filtering is not applied to serial data.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Is there any chance that the A/D filter settings get applied to the serial data when in pass through, but not in BBL?

The difference between pass-through and black box logging is that during bbl data is written to the SD card or internal memory.

Writing to the SD card is a non-intrusive process and should not affect the reception of serial data. I do not expect writing to the SD card to affect serial data reception.

Writing to the internal memory is a little more tricky. It is in intrusive process and it is possible that serial data is being dropped when FlashScan is writing to internal memory. An interesting observation would be: Does the serial AFR flatline/spike only when the blue LED is illuminated? (i.e. when data is being written to flash memory).

Regards
    Paul

okay my head is officaly spinning now hehe...

Joecar to answer your ?? it is power via its battery, no connection anywhere to the car...

Blacky I will attempt to do what you asked this arfternoon... Ntae is coming over and going to give me a hand.. he is a little more technicaly minded than me.. in the electronics department.

Shane

I am making a firmware change that will detect if/when the received data is corrupt. FlashScan will discard the data and resynchronize with the PLX. It may result in one or two frames of AFR data being carried over from the previous frame to cover for the discarded data, but it should eliminate the data spikes.

Regards
    Paul

okay, you still want the the trace files done this arfternoon???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast